Chapter 36

Zoey doesn't come back from her field trip until tonight. I'm excited to see her. These past two days have been nothing but slow without her.

Right now, the boys and I are eating breakfast in the kitchen. Ever since I had the boys read my journal, they've been helping me with my worries.

"Braylyn, we read the worries you put in your box. Do you want to discuss them?" Zayn asked me.

As much as I don't want to, I know this will help me. "Sure," I agreed.

Liam dumped out the paper slips I put into my worry box and spread them across the table.

I picked up one of the slips and read what I wrote. "This one is a little embarrassing," I mumbled.

"Hey, we won't judge you at all. This is only so we can help you," Louis reassured me.

"Okay. This is one I wrote, stating how I get scared if I shower with the door closed," I said.

"How come?" Liam asked me.

"It's because I can't hear what goes on when I'm in the shower. I would prefer if I could keep the door ajar, so that way I know you boys are still there," I told them truthfully.

"Braylyn, if keeping the door cracked when you're showering makes you feel a little safer, then that's what you may do," Harry said.

"Okay," I ripped the paper slip. The boys smiled, knowing that their idea of the worry box is helping me with my worries.

"What's the next one?" Niall handed me another paper slip.

I read it before saying, "this one is kinda dumb."

"If they're your worries, then we're going to listen to them," Zayn stated.

"I wrote how Louis's driving scares me. He drives fast," I admitted.

"Well that's something I'm going to work on. Thank you, love, for telling me," Louis smiled and hugged me.

I grabbed another paper slip and read it. "This is the one I wrote, saying how I don't like it when you boys automatically pick me up and hold me or pull me into your all's laps. I would appreciate it if you guys could give me a warning before doing those things," I explained to them honestly.

"We'll do that," the boys nodded in agreement.

"Here's the last one," Liam handed me.

I set the paper slip down, already knowing what I had written. It's embarrassing.

"Are you going to read this one?" Zayn questioned me.

"This one is the most embarrassing, and I would sound childish if I explained it to you guys," I whispered.

"Sweetheart, don't feel embarrassed. We can assure you that we won't judge you at all," Harry told me.

"You're doing a great job at sharing your worries with us, Braylyn," Louis praised me.

"Fine, I'll explain this one," I gave in.

"We're listening, darling," Liam said.

"After the accident, I started getting nightmares. No matter what I would do, the nightmares would occur frequently."

"In the orphanage, Zoey and I shared a room. We would sleep together, and I wouldn't get any nightmares. I felt safe with her."

"After you boys adopted Zoey and me and we got our own rooms, I started to get nightmares again. I didn't feel good, sleeping by myself."