twenty-three.

Changmin's POV

I watched as Y/n struggled to put on the necklace, trying to stifle my laughter. Seeing how her lips were pushed into a slight pout as her arms started to get tired, I let out small sigh and walked over to the girl. "You're always in need of help, huh?" I teased as I gently removed her hands from the ends of the necklace, remembering how she always needed Sunwoo's help to 'escape' form me the previous times we've met. "Done." I mumbled, a little flustered at how close I was to her but still kept a calm front. "Thank you." She muttered softly while keeping her head low to hide her blush. Cute. Unknowingly, my hand reached out to caress her head along with a pat and a "You're welcome.".

Genuinely flustered this time, I quickly returned to my seat and tried my best to not show it but Eric just had to butt in. "Omo, look at Y/n blushing because of Changmin." He whispered not so quietly to Hyunjae as they made a fuss amongst themselves, their reactions causing Y/n's cheeks to turn redder and Y/n's reaction made me smile victoriously to myself. It was then I felt a hot stare on me, and as expected, it was Kim Sunwoo who had been watching us the whole time as he sat stiffly in his chair. "Alright, if there are no more questions, Juyeon and Y/n can head out." I cleared my throat and leant back into my chair as nonchalantly as I could, ending the meeting and hoping that the other two would shut up.

"We've arrived." Juyeon's voice was heard clearly through the speaker, causing all of us to refocus on the mission as we took a short break while we waited for the two to reach the office. A soft "Come in" could be heard, followed by a door opening. "Hey Y/n...and friend?" A new voice was heard, confusion evident. "Oh hi, I'm Juyeon. Y/n's boyfriend." Juyeon shamelessly answered, causing a few 'pfft's to erupt, more specifically from Eric and Hyunjae. Hearing a small groan, I looked over at Sunwoo who has been quiet since the start of the meeting, and saw how he had a gloomy expression on but with eyes that were piercingly staring at the speaker. He was jealous...and so was I.

Y/n's POV

After the short tour by Wooyoung, Juyeon and I continued to roam around the building on our own to further familiarise ourselves with it before returning to their headquarters. Immediately, we all gathered in the meeting room for a discussion with the help of the images and recordings we got from Eric's gadgets. Within minutes, a sketch of the office's floor plan was completed by Hyunjae and Eric, with a star marked on that suspicious door.

"It's likely the door leads to a secret room or something, especially seeing how its between the offices of Mr Jung and his son so it's definitely private for the Jungs and also our target for tonight. There doesn't seem like it has a visible lock on the outside based on the image extracted from Ju's glasses so it may be a smart lock." Changmin deduced, studying the image. "Aren't you good with unlocking such things, Changmin?" Juyeon suddenly said, garnering everyone's attention. "Hmm? Yeah, I guess." Changmin shifted slightly in his seat at the unexpected attention he gained.

"How about you and Y/n go to the office tonight, I'll stay here to guide you guys since I know the place." Juyeon suggested with a big grin. "Sounds good, I can stay here and learn more tech stuffs from Eric too since two sounds like a better number to go around." Hyunjae added, mirroring Juyeon's expression. "You two..." Changmin muttered, sending a glare at the two.

But that was how the two of us ended up in front of the huge building after the sun had set.

heyyo

short chapter but hi :)

~thedouble_a (22/1/21)