six.

Changmin's POV

"What's next?" Eric asked as we gathered in our meeting room. "Juyeon, Haknyeon. Are you guys able to give us the detailed layout of the basement? Chanhee craft a blueprint out from their description." I instructed and they did as told.

"We will return to the Jung's once we have the blueprint and a plan. This time, armed. We can't afford to get hurt anymore since they're probably waiting to hunt us down." My fist clenched, annoyed at how they were getting in the way of our plans. Just you guys wait...

Within an hour, Chanhee came back with a completed blueprint. "Juyeon and Eric, we need you guys to distract them and try to get into the house. Distract whoever you can and stop them from heading to the basement. I'll sneak in with Haknyeon, Chanhee and Younghoon stay in the van to guide us."

Juyeon's POV

Pressing the doorbell, Eric and I waited for a response. "Who's there?" We heard a female voice through the intercom. "Hello, my brother and I were driving pass and our car broke down. We were hoping there's someone who can help us with it." I answered calmly.

The gate opened and we took it as a sign to enter, fortunately greeted by Mrs Jung. "Hi kids, I'll ask if the guys are able to help. Do take a seat in the living room." She said, walking off to the second level of the house as we looked around the spacious living room.

"Help's here." She came back with two male figures behind her, two whom we recognised as Kevin and Jacob from Chanhee's research. "Hi! I'll bring you guys to the car. Thank you so much for agreeing to help." Eric beamed at the two who were thankfully not suspecting towards us as they smiled brightly back at Eric.

"You guys go ahead. Erm, ma'am. Is it okay if I borrow the washroom for a moment?" I asked, as politely as I could. "Sure thing, I'll show you the way." She smiled, turning around and walked further into the huge house as Eric left with the two behind him. Great, 2 more left in the house. Thank god the other two were out for a meeting.

The moment I entered the washroom, I sent a message to the team to update the situation, Eric doing the same. "There are two in the basement as usual." Chanhee informed. "Juyeon, I'll distract Mrs Jung with a phone call. Go down and do something about the two." He continued. Just as the line went quiet, Mrs Jung's voice was heard through the door.

"Young man, I have to pick up a call do show yourself out when you're done. Stay safe." She said as I heard her footsteps growing distant after I thanked her.

Opening the door, I peeked out to ensure there was no one there. After making sure it was empty, I made my way to the basement, sticking as closely as possible to the wall. Peeping down the aisle of the basement, I spotted two of them pacing around a huge steel door. That must be where they keep all their valuables.

Making my appearance, I did my best to appear as lost as I could. "Hey, so sorry to interrupt whatever business you have here but I can't find my way out from this huge house. Could you kindly show me the way out? My brother and I came to get help as our car broke down, I have to get back to him soon." I told them, scratching my nape sheepishly.

"Hmm? Sure. Y/n, you stay here and be alert." The male said as he walked towards me, eyes scanning me but led me out either way. "They left the girl alone in the basement. Hurry." I sent a message secretly without Sunwoo catching me. "Oh my, my brother just texted me saying they need more help at their side. Could you come along with me?" I asked him, making him raise a brow at me. "Please?" I tried again.

"Fine but I can't leave for long."

Changmin's POV

"Haknyeon, let's go." I said, jumping out of the van. We managed to enter the house through the unguarded backdoor that Juyeon and Haknyeon had discovered previously. Moving in towards the basement, I took a look at the basement that was guarded only by a lone figure.

"Hi there, Y/n. We meet again like I promised." A smug smirk surfaced on my face as I saw how she stiffened at my voice. "You...you again." She grumbled, frowning. "Awww, aren't you happy to see me?" I teased, walking closer towards her. "Stop right there." She pointed a gun at me, making me laugh.

"What's so funny?" Her tone unwelcoming. "You're cute." Still laughing, I threw a blade at her wrist. My action made her fire a shot in reflex which I managed to dodge from, giving me a chance to get closer to her and knocked her gun out of her grip as she avoided the blade.

"You!" She grunted, throwing a punch towards me. I focused on avoiding her attacks and keeping her busy, not wanting to fight a girl. "Aish." I cursed as my earpiece dropped onto the ground when she managed to hit the side of my head. She kept going and I could tell she was getting tired.

I took the chance and pushed her against the wall, trapping her when I noticed Haknyeon entering the locked room. "You can give up now, my friend's inside and you can't stop him." My smirk resurfaced on my face although it was covered by a mask. "How many times do I have to tell you to let go of her?" A familiar voice echoed off the walls of the basement, catching me off guard.

Sunwoo's POV

"I'll be heading back now since it seems to be better now." I said, turning back and jogging away from the scene, not wasting any time as an unsettling feeling brewed in me. Quickening my pace, I arrived back at the seemingly quiet house until I heard voices coming from the basement.

Oh no. I thought, rushing down the stairs to see a familiar figure trapping Y/n against the wall. "How many times do I have to tell you to let go of her?" I growled, stepping towards them.

Seeing that I had caught his attention, Y/n reached out and pulled off his mask which finally allowed us to finally know how someone from The Stealers actually look like. "Fuck." He cursed, running away further into the basement.

"Let's go!" He shouted at his teammate as they both ran off, throwing a smoke bomb behind them. "Shit, we lost them." I coughed, swatting at the thick smoke. Grabbing Y/n's wrist, I dragged her away from the smoke.

"Are you okay?" I asked her between coughs as she nodded. "Now, we know how he looks like. We'll get Kevin to sketch a portrait of him when he's back."

hoho Changmin's pretty face is exposed

~thedouble_a (16/10/20)