thirty.

Y/n's POV

"Eric. That's your wallet."

Changmin pointed out as the two of us tried to stifle our laughter at their embarrassing moment. Eric began fumbling with his wallet that was supposed to be his phone, hurriedly picking up his belonging from the floor, while the others scrambled back to their seats and acted as if nothing had happened.

"Erm so, where were we?" Eric cleared his throat, eyes losing focus. "We were discussing about the file while you guys tried to take a picture with your wallet." Changmin said with a slight laugh, unable to completely keep it in. "OKAY MOVING ON! What should we do next?" Eric brushed us off with a loud voice and tried to change the topic. "We take a picture using a phone." This time, it was me who commented. "OH SURE LET'S-Hey! That's not what I meant, now the two of you stop bullying me." The baby of the group sulked, causing Changmin and I to burst into laughter at his response.

"Alright, alright. Back to the topic. There's a part that states that the meeting is recorded and I'm sure the Jungs have a copy of it in the office so we probably would have to go back there to find it since it will be a strong piece of evidence against them." The leader turned serious again as he straightened his posture. This guy's duality is really something else, how does he go from teasing his friends to leader mode so quickly.

"Are you planning on going there again with Y/n?" Hyunjae suddenly asked, making the two of us to look at him in shock. I turned towards the leader, waiting for an answer. "Probably not, I'll see how it goes before deciding." He said after a short consideration. Probably not? Why not? Hold up, why am I disappointed over such a thing? Y/n, you must be losing it.

"Jung Wooyoung came into the room when we were there." Changmin told them, catching their attention. "What? Were you guys caught?" Kim Sunwoo has finally decided to open his mouth. "No, we hid but my point is that there's a risk of us being caught and I'm worried that if I go with Y/n again, her identity would be exposed. She might get into trouble for that and I'm not letting that happen. It's fine if I get caught, they wouldn't know who I am but not her." Now his explanation has my heart pounding again. Y/n you weak af. "Ooooo, how sweet."

"Shut it Eric." "Eric, that's enough." came simultaneously from Sunwoo and Changmin respectively, effectively shutting Eric's mouth after a short protest from him. We watched as the eyes of the two met as another intense glaring match unfolded. "Okay, okay. Enough staring, so only the guys from our team will be going from now then." Chanhee concluded for his leader who nodded his head slowly, finally breaking the eye contact.

"I'll go with you." Juyeon offered, only to get rejected by their leader as Wooyoung would have recognised him as my 'boyfriend'. "Does that mean I get to go?" Eric chirped happily, clapping his hands together. Sighing, Changmin breathed out a small 'yeah' which didn't seem to affect Eric as he cheered, happy about being able to finally "go into action mode" again. "I'll discuss with the chief and update you guys again. Meeting dismissed." The chaotic meeting finally ended but Eric suddenly started grinning widely.

"Can we take a picture together now?"

hi :) trying to update as often as possible as im aiming to finish this book soon!

~thedouble_a (24/4/21)