thirty-three.

Y/n's POV

"You."

I stared at him with wide eyes. That was not what I was expecting and why does he look so serious about it? "You're kidding, right?" was all I managed to say, my mind in a mess. "Why would I joke about something like this?" His round eyes were boring into mine, showing his sincerity.

"Why? I thought you didn't like me?" I squeaked out. "I've never disliked you, in fact it was more of the opposite." Say what? "I enjoyed poking fun at you to see how you would react." Ok then why are you coming so close to me now? "Cause you're cute and it makes my heart melt." A little smirk was playing on his lips, nose barely touching mine.

Dumbfounded, I was at a loss for words. First, Changmin and now Sunwoo. What's going on? Is this a prank or something? "In case you're wondering, I really am being serious. I know I haven't been the nicest to you but from now on, I promise to be the best for you. I really do like you, Y/n." Sunwoo's eyes were brightly lit, shining with sincerity. Curse those beautiful eyes. "Why, thank you for the compliment." Now, he was smiling cheekily at me.

After the whole Kim Sunwoo thing, I was out at the balcony for a short rest, lying down on the hammock. Ji Changmin? Kim Sunwoo? Who? How do I even feel about them? I was so deep in thought I didn't even realise another presence in the space until they spoke. More like screamed. "YAH!" Chanhee screamed right into my ear causing me to jolt up and my head knocking into Chanhee's, making both of us let out a pained groan.

"Why were you so near me?" I hissed in pain, rubbing my now sore forehead. "Then why were you so deaf?" Chanhee sassed back, mirroring my action. "I was just thinking about stuff, my ears are perfectly fine."

"Thinking about what? A certain Ji and Kim?" He asked with a playful tone, obviously up to something but he had successfully caught my attention. "I take it as they've both said something to you and you're pondering about it." His statement made me nod, signalling him to continue.

"You know, Changmin has never paid this much attention to someone, especially a girl. He has always been super focused on his work, barely interacting with anyone except us and I'm sure you see how he treats you. He may seem cold but he's one of the sweetest, most caring guys I've met once he warms up to you and I definitely see him opening up to you." Chanhee shared as I listened attentively.

"As for Kim Sunwoo, I don't know him that well but that kid shows his feelings as it is. His jealousy overflows every time you and Changmin interact, and everyone sees it; how he starts to glare or sulk. You should know him better than I do, whether or not he's lying to you. You should know." He finished with a pat on my shoulder.

"Thanks Chanhee, I'll think about it carefully. Anyways, why are you here to get me?" I asked. finding it rather unusual for this boy to approach me. "Oh shoot! Changmin called for the meeting and I was supposed to get you. Let's hurry now before that angsty squirrel gets mad." He rapped, pulling me along with him towards the meeting room.

"What took you guys so long?" Changmin raised a brow towards us before lowering his eyes to my wrist which was still in Chanhee's grip. "We were having a bonding session, that's all." Chanhee answered nonchalantly with a shrug before proceeding to his seat, pulling me to sit next to him. Which happens to be opposite Kim Sunwoo, how great. There we go again with the intense staring from the two. Every time this happens, I just want to bury my head into a hole like an ostrich.

"Sooo, what's up?" Juyeon broke the growing tension. Changmin cleared his throat before starting with a frown, "Sangyeon called."

"The Jungs have noticed that the file is missing and they seemed to be planning something on their own."

short chap again but third consecutive day of update!

are you guys enjoying the book?

~thedouble_a (3/5/21)