forty-three.

Changmin's POV

Days passed since Sangyeon's team came over and there had been no news of the Jungs filing a report, causing both teams to fall into a stage of anxiety. Sitting in my office, I was blankly staring at the pieces of evidence that we had brought over from the Jungs when a soft knock was heard. A smile tugged at my lips when I saw the girl's head poke in with a toothy grin.

"Can I come in?" She asked, eyes scanning my office. "Isn't your head already in?" I teased, holding back a laugh as a pout surfaced on her rather tired looking face. "Come here, my baby." Eventually breaking out in fits of giggles, I called for her with open arms.

"You shouldn't be up for this long, you're still recovering." She immediately went into nagging mode as soon as I pulled her onto my lap. "I'm okay, especially now that you're here." Yawning a little, I rubbed my face into the crook of her neck as she smoothed my hair. "Such a sweet talker." She chuckled, pinching the back of my neck playfully.

"What are we going to do about the Jungs now? Haven't heard anything from Sangyeon's side?" Y/n asked, flipping through the papers that were spread across my table. "I'm afraid we'll have to plan a visit to them again soon." I sighed, resting my chin on her shoulder as she turned to me with a worried frown.

"Fine, I'll go when I'm at least able to run and I'll go with Juyeon, happy now?" Caving in to her glare, my suggestion finally earned an approving smile and nod from her. We stayed in the same position for awhile, talking about random stuff when the ringing of my phone caught both our attentions.

"It's Sangyeon."

Shortly after the call, we were all gathered in the meeting room; some with curious eyes and some with anxious ones. "What did Sangyeon say?" Eric immediately blurted the moment he sat down.

"The Jungs asked for their help again but were still unwilling to file a separate report." I answered with a slight frown on my face. "We'll have to go visit them then if that's the case." A smirk decorating Juyeon's handsome face as i nodded.

"Are you in the right condition to go though?" Chanhee frowned at his friend, eyeing his injuries. "Yes, yes. I'll be fine, stop worrying about me it's burdensome." Brushing them off, earning laughs from the team as i could feel my face growing slightly red from everyone's intense stare.

Suggestions were thrown in during the meeting as we planned on how to make the visit, to see which was the fastest and safest way; for my sake of course, finally settling with a plan after an hour or so.

"When do we go?" Juyeon asked. "Tomorrow night will be good." I decided, ignoring Y/n who was glaring at me with narrowed eyes. She's gonna nag at me again later.

We stayed in the meeting for a bit more, going through every detail before filling Sangyeon in on the plan. "It'll be fun breaking into their house again." An excited Juyeon chirped, leaning into his chair as he stretched.

Being forced back into my room to 'get ample rest' for tomorrow, I was lying on my back with an arm wrapped around Y/n. In contrast to what I have thought, she didn't mention anything about tomorrow. Instead, she stayed close to me quietly but I could sense her worry from her silence.

"Baby, stop worrying and sleep." I chuckled a little, giving her a peck on her forehead. "I didn't say anything?" She laughed in response, responding to me with a peck on my chin. "I'm not wrong though, am I?"

Nodding sheepishly, she let out a sigh. "Promise you'll be fine?" She finally asked. "Yes love, good night love." I said, kissing her on the lips before we finally dozed off.

I'll come back safely for you.

sorry for the short chap...having an author's block nowadays and idk what to write

~thedouble_a (28/5/21)