forty-four.

Changmin's POV

10pm

Juyeon and I were in the car outside the Jungs' estate, getting ready to get in. "Changmin, the cameras are off. You guys can come in now. Mr. Jung is currently in his office on the third floor at the west wing." Younghoon informed after making sure the guards and everyone else in the house were kept busy and away from Mr. Jung. "Okay, we're coming in in five."

"Nice seeing you guys again." Jacob smiled as he ushered us in from the gate they had kept unlocked, meeting Younghoon and Kevin who were waiting for us in their meeting room on the second floor. "Hey, you two. Let's get straight into it." Kevin greeted while holding  a sketch of the part of the estate we were in.

"Mr. Jung's office is right above us and you guys can get in from the window, we've already hooked a rope ladder from his office as you can see from our window." Kevin pointed towards their open window before Younghoon chimed in. "We've checked that's he's currently alone in there so it should be fine, just be careful in case he pulls some tricks again. We'll be watching from here and the others are stationed nearby too." The tall man spoke, eyeing at me as I rolled my eyes jokingly.

Soon, they received a notification from Sangyeon saying that Mr. Jung had left for the washroom and it was our cue to enter his office. "Good luck." The three who remained in the room wished as Juyeon and I carefully climbed up. Once in, we quickly hooked the ropes to our safety gear; our way of getting out of the office and back to the room below.

"Looks who's back." Juyeon's playful voice was heard once the door of the office closed. "You...you're back with someone else this time, huh?" Mr. Jung stopped in his tracks, finger pointed at me. "Glad you still remember me after attempting murder." I retorted, cocking an eye brow at him.

"Why are you here?" He asked, voice cold. Juyeon and I exchanged glances before turning back to him. "The file on the top right corner of the table seems important to him, seeing how he goes through it often." Remembering what Jacob had told us, I picked up the said file as the elder tensed. "I don't know, here to pick up more things I guess?"

"Not that!" He raised his voice but still remained where he stood, in front of the door which was a good distance from us who were leaning against the window frame, ready to leave anytime. "Not this? Okay then, we'll take it." I nodded, leaning back as I swiftly abseiled down to the meeting room below us. "Buh-bye." Juyeon bid, throwing a gas bomb as a distraction as he too made his way back down.

Once we were back safely in their room, they quickly pulled the rope ladder and roped we used in. "How did it go?" Sangyeon, who was now in the room with them, asked. I waved the file at him in response, Juyeon and I pulling our masks down with proud smiles on our faces.

Shortly after, rushed knocks could be heard on the door and as expected it was Mr. Jung. Juyeon and I quickly slotted ourselves under the large table. "What's wrong, Mr Jung?" Sangyeon asked calmly, opening the door slightly.

"Those thieves struck again!" He grumbled in frustration. "What? Really?" We stifled our laughters as Sangyeon faked his shock. We listened while Mr. Jung complained, Sangyeon and Jacob taking the chance to persuade him to go to the police station.

"Is that the only way?" The older man's voice sounded like he had given up and that was where we wanted him. "I'm afraid so, it'll be better that way too." A short silence surrounded us before Mr. Jung finally spoke again.

"Fine then."

"That's great, we can head down as soon as tomorrow." Sangyeon flashed a quick smile, happy that it went according to plan. Shutting the door, we all cheered quietly. "Yassss, finally." Kevin whisper-screeched.

"We'll take our leave now. Let us know on how it goes tomorrow." Juyeon patted Younghoon on the shoulder, waving goodbye as Jacob lead us to the gate again.

"We're back!" Juyeon announced excitedly and shortly after, loud footsteps could be heard from the upper level. "Did it go well?" Eric screamed as he almost slid down the stairs. "Careful you idiot." Juyeon scolded, hitting Eric's head lightly with the file we had brought back with us as the others excitedly gathered around Juyeon.

"You good?" Y/n's soft voice immediately made me smile, her arms wrapping around my waist gently. "A little sore, but all's good." I answered, returning her hug. "That's good." She hummed, beaming up at me as I gave her a pat on her head.

"Yah, yah. Enough showing off your love life, can you guys give us an update about how it went now?" Sunwoo scoffed although a small smile was visible on his face.

"To cut the story short, he's going to the police station with Sangyeon tomorrow."

And loud cheers could be heard after that, especially from a very hyped Eric.

"REST DAYS, I'M COMING!"

longer chap today hehe

enjoyyy

~thedouble_a (29/5/21)