ten.

Y/n's POV

The event was finally starting as guests start streaming into the hall. "Be alert guys, there're quite a lot of people coming in today." Sangyeon's voice was heard through the earpiece, all of us giving him an 'okay' in response as we raised our guards.

"Nothing unusual yet." Kevin's voice was heard this time and that was how it went for the next half an hour, while Sunwoo and I greeted the guests as we stood around a tabletop that was just by the door.

"I'll go get something to drink." Sunwoo whispered, leaning in closer to my ear as I nodded and stayed where I was.

Just then, Jacob alerted us in a low and careful tone. "Y/n, Sunwoo. I think they're here. It seems like the leader is in a studded black mask with a single black feather and the 'brothers' in similar masks too just without the feather. I'm not sure if the other three are here too but do keep a close look." Jacob finished.

His words made me straighten up, craning my neck to skim through the crowd of ladies and gentlemen all in formal wear and dresses. I frowned in focus, still unable to catch sight of any familiar faces.

"Looking for someone?" An unfamiliar voice whispered next to my ear, voice quiet and teasing. I froze at the unexpected encounter, snapping my head towards the source of the voice when I felt something being slipped into my hand. Lee Juyeon.

"I know you know who I am. Don't worry, we're not planning to do anything bad today. We're just visiting. Catch you later, babe." Juyeon's voice was smooth and low, a smirk evident on his handsome face. What is he saying...? I glared at him even though I was confused, still trying to decipher what his words meant.

However, he just flashed a smile and vanished into the crowd as my eyes tried to follow his tall figure. Losing sight of him, my eyes darted around at the direction Juyeon went towards. Just then, a pair of familiar, piercing eyes stared back at mine. Ji Changmin.

There he was, eyes cold and standing in the corner unmoving in the midst of the buzzing crowd. Our eyes were still locked on each other, staring intensely as we studied one another.

I was about to walk towards him but lost him within a second as someone walked past, causing me to lose him. I groaned slightly, upset that he got away but perked up when I remembered the item in my hand. It was a note, a handwritten one.

"Come out to the corridor alone. Don't tell your teammates."

The content of the notes made me even more confused. Why would he want to meet me alone? What is going on? Despite my doubts, I obeyed. Sneaking out from the side door so I wouldn't be caught by Kevin and Jacob, I slipped away from the bustling hall and walked quickly into a quiet corridor that was further away from the hall.

What's his deal? Their deal? Where are they when they asked for me? Deep in thoughts, and complaints, I quickened my pace as I looked around.

"Ouch." I yelped slightly as I bumped hard into someone. "Told ya' I'll see you again, babe" I could hear the smirk in his voice. "What do you guys want?" I sighed, prying myself off Juyeon only to fail when he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and spun me around to face the others. By others I meant the other five of them, they were all here.

"Hello there, Y/n. It's nice to see you again." Changmin's soft but charming voice greeted as he peeled off his mask, revealing his face. Using this chance, I took a closer look at him and memorising his features. I couldn't deny it, he was good-looking; soft yet intimidating features on his baby face.

I hadn't realised how I kept staring at him until Juyeon's arm moved higher, slinging it around my neck as he lowered his face next to mine.

"Good looking, huh? We all are." His smug voice made me turn towards him, slightly stunned to see that he too had removed him mask and he wasn't lying. Turning my face back towards the others, who have all took off their masks, I took in their features one by one as they introduced themselves.

"Okay...how did you guys get in?" I questioned, earning a chuckle from Chanhee. "We have our ways." His hand waved around as he brushed it off, earning a slight pout from me as it didn't answer my question at all. "That's cute babe, your lips look kissable." Blood rushed towards my cheeks involuntary, sending a glare towards Juyeon again while he simply laughed.

Changmin cleared his throat, pulling my attention back towards him as he stood there with an unreadable expression and a brow raised towards Juyeon and I. "So, why did you ask for me?" I asked once again, folding my arms.

"We need your help."

hihi! chap 10 is here :)

enjoyyy

~thedouble_a (1/11/20)