forty-one.

Y/n's POV

"What are you going to do about Kim Sunwoo then?"

Chanhee asked, a serious expression fixed on his pretty face, and the question made my smile falter. "I-I'll have to talk to him soon then." I sighed as Chanhee nodded. "You should, good luck." Chanhee flashed a quick smile before turning his attention to the returning Changmin and Juyeon.

After dinner, Chanhee and Juyeon had left the two of us in the room again. "Is something bothering you, Y/n?" Changmin questioned gently, placing his hand on top of mine. With a small smile, I replied him truthfully. "I have to talk to Sunwoo."

"About us?" His head tilted to the side slightly, his cuteness making me smile as his round eyes stared into mine. "Yeah, about us." I nodded. He stayed quiet for awhile, thinking. "Do you want me to go with you?" He asked as I shook my head. "I think it's better if I go alone, you know how Sunwoo is like." I chuckled a little with Changmin nodding in agreement.

"Changmin, before I go. Can I ask you something?" Feeling rather nervous, I gripped his hand tightly. "Of course." He answered, thumb rubbing my hand softly. "What are we now?" I whispered, unable to look at him until I heard a chuckle from him. "Baby, look at me." I did, lifting my head to find his soft gaze already on me.

"We're whatever you want us to be. Partners in crime, best friends, girlfriend boyfriend or even husband and wife, whatever you want." A playful yet sincere grin was on full display on his face, his contagious smile putting on my face too as I laughed.

"I'll take option 2 and 3 for now." Beaming at him, he rubbed my nose with his as I felt bliss spread across my body from his simple yet loving gesture. "You're mine from now on then, my best friend and my babygirl."

I was now standing in front of Sunwoo's room after I had made sure Changmin was comfortable on his bed. Letting out what seemed to be the tenth sigh that hour, I finally mustered my courage and knocked on the door which opened to reveal Sunwoo who was preparing to head to the shower. "Oh, hey. What's up?" He said nonchalantly as he pulled the door further to let me in.

"I-We need to talk." I told him straightforwardly, sitting myself on a chair in his room while he sat on the bed just in front of me. An awkward silence enveloped us as I sat there fidgeting, trying to phrase my words properly.

The silence was broken by him who seemed to have notice my hesitation. "It's about Ji Changmin, isn't it?" Sunwoo's eyebrow raised, looking at me dead in the eyes and I could only nod under his intense stare.

Sunwoo's POV

I knew it. "So are you two together now?" I asked, trying to keep my pokerface on although I could feel my insides churning. "Sorta..." She her soft voice trailed off as she fiddled with her fingers. "Sunwoo, I'm-"

"No, don't continue. I get it." I cut her off, not wanting to hear her say sorry, inhaling a deep breathe before continuing. "Thanks for telling me, Y/n. If you don't mind, I need to shower." With a quick smile, I stood up and led her to the door.

The apologetic look on the face made me feel pathetic, upset not at her but at myself; for not being the one she chose. Before opening the door for her, I turned to face her.

"Look, you don't have to feel bad towards me but I hope this wouldn't affect us as teammates and friends. I'll be fine, so don't worry about me okay?" Giving her the best reassuring smile I could muster, I reached my hand out to her. "Friends?" I asked, heart speeding up when her hand met mine for a firm shake. "Thank you, Kim Sunwoo." The corner of her lips finally lift up into a smile as she gave me a light punch before leaving the room.

Shutting the door, I leant against it while letting out an exasperated groan. Guess I'm too late. I thought as I messed my hair. Exhaling another sigh, I picked up my towel and headed to the bathroom in need of a cold bath to clear my mind. I stood still as the cold water hit my skin, hoping the water could wash my feelings away but unfortunately, it wasn't that easy.

Time to move on, Kim Sunwoo.

I'm okay. are you okay?

~thrdouble_a (20/5/21)