seven.

Changmin's POV

"Changmin! What happened?" Chanhee asked the moment Haknyeon and I darted into the van. "I dropped the damn earpiece and that girl pulled off my mask when my attention got diverted by her partner. Now they know my face." I groaned, sinking into the seat as we waited for Juyeon and Eric to be back.

"Oh shit, you screwed. Now what?" Chanhee snickered. "I can't do shit, can I? I'll just go with the flow." I shrugged, waiting to see what would happen; curiosity over panic. "I'm sure they wouldn't go around with a poster of my face or anything." I smirked, earning a look of confusion on the others while I simply shrugged.

Y/n's POV

"How's this?" Kevin asked as he held up his completed portrait of the man. "That's good, accurate enough." Sunwoo nodded, grabbing the illustration from Kevin. "Do we put up a wanted poster?" Hyunjae asked, turning to face Sangyeon who had an unreadable expression.

"Sangyeon?" Jacob called, patting the leader on the shoulder. "Oh? Erm, no. If we do so, it would attract too much attention and that may cause disturbance to us. We can't risk that." Sangyeon's eyebrows knitted together, staring intently at the portrait.

"What about the two brothers who asked for help with their car? Do you think they're part of the team too?" Kevin chimed in, remembering the two males from before. "High chance, it's too much of a coincidence." Sunwoo spoke again, turning to look at Kevin. "Fine, I'll draw the two of them too." He sighed before burying his head into his iPad.

Kevin was concentrated in his task as we waited patiently. "Yah, you okay?" Sunwoo asked, the question directed at me without even sparing a glance. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking and for coming back." I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear, to which he nodded.

"Why'd you come back so fast though?" I asked him. "The vehicle seemed fine, the situation just seemed so suspicious to me and I felt uneasy  so I came back first." He answered nonchalantly, still not looking me. I nodded at his words, humming another thanks in response.

Never thought I'd say this but thank you, Kim Sunwoo.

Later that night, Sunwoo and I were back in our room. Both of us sat in silence on our beds when we were done washing up, both deep in thoughts. "Yah, why do you think Sangyeon doesn't want to disclose the faces of the three to the public?" Sunwoo broke the silence as he sat with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"I don't know but what he said did make sense. It could cause them to go deeper into hiding, as if they were capable of that." I mumbled, frowning at the thought of how mysterious they were. "But did you see his expression?" Sunwoo continued as he leaned back into his pillow.

"Yeah...he was indeed acting weird. He kept staring at that man's portrait." I pointed out, mirroring his actions. "Maybe he knows him. Whatever, let's just go to sleep." Sunwoo yawned, draping his blanket over his body.

Soon, a few days have passed since the last interaction with The Stealers and everyday passed quietly with nothing new happening. We were gathered in the meeting room once again with Sangyeon standing at the front with a brown envelope in his hands.

"What's up?" Kevin greeted as he entered first, with us filing in behind him. "We've got names." Sangyeon said, waiting for us to take our seats. "The two who came asking for help are Lee Juyeon, the tall one, and Sohn Youngjae or Eric, and the one Y/n and Sunwoo saw is Ji Changmin." Sangyeon informed, sliding the papers he had in the envelope towards us.

"This is all they've got on them?" Hyunjae asked in disbelief, staring at the almost empty paper. All that was on the papers were their faces, names and some other basic particulars.

"Unfortunately, yes. I'm sure they have someone very good with technology on their team, who probably hacked into they system to erase majority of the information on them. Also why we don't have any security footages of them; he hacked into the systems too." Sangyeon let out another sigh, frustrated at the bleak situation.

"Wow, he must be super smart." Jacob praised as he has always been the one into tech in our team, making us look at him. "What? Can't deny that." Jacob looked down in embarrassment. He is right, they are all good at what they do.

All of a sudden, a knock was heard on the door as we stopped our discussion. "Come in." Sangyeon called, turning towards the door. "Hi, guys." It was Jung Wooyoung, who came in with a big smile.

"I'm here to inform you that my parents will be organising an annual dinner and dance event which will take place soon. You are all invited, well required to be there as many other associates of our company will be present too but of course, we can't leave the basement unguarded. You guys do you and plan, we trust you. That's all for now, thanks for your hard work." Wooyoung bowed, leaving with the same smile he came in with.

D&D event huh...definitely a chance for The Stealers to strike again.

sorry it took this long for me to update TT

I'll try my best to update more often :)

~thedouble_a (22/10/20)