nine.

Y/n's POV

Lunch ended in a rush as we had to get ready for the event that was happening in a few hours. "Y/n dear, follow me. You need something for this event." I was led to a room by Mrs Jung, one that wowed me the moment the doors open. It was a posh looking room, with a huge walk-in closet and a glamorous looking vanity table.

Mrs Jung appeared with a beautiful black gown as I was admiring the room, and now I was admiring the gown she was holding up. "You will look so good in this. Come on." Mrs Jung beamed, looking excited while I smiled awkwardly. Guess that's where Wooyoung got his cheerful personality from.

"All done!" Mrs Jung exclaimed as she spun me towards the mirror. Omg is that really me? I was stunned, looking at my reflection. It was rare for me to be all dressed up, especially with a career like mine. "I'm sure the boys would approve too." Her smile never leaving her face as she lead me to the hall that was tucked away in a corner of the second level of the mansion where the guys were already at, all suited up and looking posh.

"Woah, Y/n. You look great." Wooyoung who had his hair slicked back smiled at me, muttering a thanks as I felt my cheeks heat up from his stare and those of my team mates. "At least you don't look so much like a panda now." Sunwoo snickered, making me glare at him but my eyes widened instead when they landed on him.

Not gonna lie, Kim Sunwoo in a suit and his hair styled so that his forehead was exposed was heart-stopping. Y/n stop, snap out of it.

"Stop staring now, I know I look hot as hell." Sunwoo's smug tone snapped me out of my thoughts, earning a glare from me as he stood next to me. "Alright, the event will officially start in two hours and the guests will be arriving soon. Everyone stay alert, we don't know what will happen. Keep a close look out for them." Sangyeon reminded before turning away with Hyunjae to carry on with their duties, leaving the four of us in the hall with Wooyoung.

"I'll explain the hall's layout. There are two doors a main entrance which is bigger and another at the back by the stage which will be closed throughout the event. That should be all to take note since the hall is just as you see it." Wooyoung concluded before excusing himself to handle other matters.

"We'll update you guys when we notice anyone suspicious." Kevin said, tapping on his earpiece as he and Jacob walked out to the main entrance to get ready.

"Alright then girlfriend, looks like it's just us again. Come on, let's just talk around the hall and familiarise ourselves with it just in case." Sunwoo nudged me, walking away without waiting for me. I huffed but followed, quickening my steps to catch up with him.

We observed the staff members who were busy setting up for the event, watching as they shifted the huge tables and bringing in trays of food. We were near the stage area where I was looking around for the side door that Wooyoung had told us about. There it is. I thought to myself as I began to walk towards it but got yanked back by my wrist instead, crashing into a hard chest.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Are you okay, miss?" I heard a soft voice behind me, my face still hidden in a certain someone's chest. "She's fine, please be more careful." He spoke, making me look up at him, Kim Sunwoo, whose arm was around my waist and his hand still wrapped around my wrist.

"Yah, let go." I mumbled as I attempted to struggle free, trying to sound as cool as I could even though my heart my pounding at the close contact. "Not even a thanks, girlfriend?" Sunwoo looked down at me with a slight smirk plastered on his face, still not letting me go. "Fine. Thanks, now can you let me go?" I pouted slightly, knowing how stubborn he can get.

"Hmmm, no. That wasn't sincere enough." See what I meant by stubborn? "Thank you, Kim Sunwoo." I said with a fake grin. "That's more like it." He chuckled, finally letting go of me. I groaned internally as I tried to calm my rapid heartbeat.

Aish, Kim Sunwoo.

hello! short chap hehe

don't forget to vote/comment :)

love y'all <3

~thedouble_a (29/10/20)