thirty-eight.

Changmin's POV

Click.

The corner of my lip lifted into a smirk although it was covered by the mask I was wearing, staring straight at the older man. "What's with the staring? Scared now?" Mr Jung let out a loud laugh.

Without a word, I swiftly grabbed his wrist that was holding onto the gun and the tight grip made his loosen as the gun fell to the ground. Letting go of him, i wanted to make a run for the exit but failed when one of the guards had grabbed my ankle.

"Aish." I cursed when I fell to the floor with a thud, quickly flipping myself over when the guards pounced on me. Ugh, these guys are too heavy. I thought as I used all my might to hold off against both of them; still pinned on the floor.

Shoving a fist into one of their faces, a weight was lifted off of me as I immediately focused on the other; with a kick to his crotch. I managed to stand, stumbling a little due to the lightheadedness. Exchanging hits and kicks, the guards were on the floor and I took the opportunity to flee. However, as I dashed towards the exit, a loud bang sounded. "Not so fast, young man."

It was a gun shot that was directed at me, causing me to stumble at the force. Turning back slightly, I caught a glimpse of Mr Jung who still had the gun aimed at me which fired another bullet into my calf. "Get him, you useless thugs!" Baring the pain, I limped out of the office as quickly as I could and away from the guards who were up and chasing me.

I had managed to make my way down and out of the building, limping along the street as I tried to get as far as I could. "Changmin! Here!" A familiar black van came into sight and I sighed in relief as the door slid open to reveal Juyeon. Speeding up, I threw myself into the van just as Hyunjae shot the two men who weren't far from where I was.

"Thanks guys." I breathed out before black spots littered my vision, blacking out against the seats of the van.

Y/n's POV

Out of worry, Chanhee and I were pacing around while Eric bawled his eyes out to Younghoon who had came back to grab his stuff. Even Sunwoo was leaning quietly against the wall with a frown. "Changmin will be fine right? I feel so bad leaving him behind, why is he not back yet?" Eric sobbed as Younghoon soothed him, patting him on the head.

I plopped down onto the couch, pulling Chanhee with me as he fell into the seat next to me. "Chanhee..." I choked, trying not to let my tears of worry fall. "He'll be back soon, Juyeon and Hyunjae have already gone to get him." Chanhee let out shakily, trying to convince himself and we fell into silence again in wait of their return.

Minutes passed and the sound of the door opening made all of us turn our focus towards the entrance and in came Hyunjae and Juyeon who had an unconscious Changmin on his back.

A gasp left my lips when I saw the condition Changmin was in; weak, unconscious and bleeding, as I shot up from my seat. "Bring him into his room, quick!" Chanhee ordered as he darted to get his medical supplies.

We followed behind as Juyeon carried him upstairs and onto his bed. "You guys wait outside, except Younghoon." Chanhee shooed us away, closing the door in our faces. Please be okay, Changmin-ah.

I leant on the wall in front of Changmin's room, biting on my fingernails anxiously with Eric by my side. The boy was still down but at least his tears had reduced to sniffling, his sulky image made me let out a slight chuckle as I smoothed his hair, "He'll be fine, won't he? Yeah, he will." Eric sniffed, nodding to himself. "Yes, he will."

Soon, the door opened and Chanhee stepped out with Younghoon following behind him. "How is he?" I asked, grabbing Chanhee's arms. "Changmin's fine, just needs a lot of rest and care. He's still no awake and probably won't be soon due to anaesthetic." He explained with a relieved smile.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him." I returned his smile, letting myself into the room alone as Eric returned to his room after some nagging from Chanhee.

I played with Changmin's fingers as I sat myself on the floor. Sighing, I rested my head on my arm to make myself comfortable, finding myself drifting into slumber. "Goodnight, Changmin."

this chap is so bad lmao im so sry :(

I still hope u guys r enjoying tis book tho

~thedouble_a (14/5/21)