eight.

Y/n's POV

The event is tomorrow and we were in the meeting room, waiting for Wooyoung to come and brief us about the event timeline. "Do you guys really think The Stealer will strike again tomorrow?" Jacob asked, turning around in his chair.

"Very likely, this event is not a secret event so I'm sure they will hear about it somewhere somehow. With the amount of people, it will be easy for them to blend in which means a good opportunity for them." Sangyeon said as he rested his elbows on the table.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Wooyoung apologised with a slight bow which we returned. "Anyways, the event tomorrow would be a formal one and requires invitation to enter. It will also be a masquerade themed event and people will be required to wear masks, I know it's cliche and all but it's my parents' idea." Wooyoung shrugged.

"Masks...they would like it even more since their faces would be hidden." Hyunjae commented, making us turn towards him. "If we do this right, we could actually be able to catch how all of them look like." He continued as we kept our attention on him. "So what do you suggest?" Sunwoo prompted. "We target the leader aka Ji Changmin and try to lure out the others." Hyunjae finally completed.

"You really think that's possible?" Sunwoo asked, raising an eyebrow at Hyunjae. "I mean we can try. Since you and Y/n knows how he looks like, try to isolate him and corner him or something." Hyunjae shrugged again, as if it's an easy task. "Errr, we will try?" I replied, not confident at all.

"Y/n, Sunwoo." Sangyeon called, catching our attention. "Will you guys be able to recognise him?" He asked, slightly concerned as we two were the only ones who had seen him up close.

"Most probably but it depends on how he shows up. We don't know if he will come as a guest or as a thief." Sunwoo answered. "I can definitely tell from his voice though." I mumbled but it was loud enough for them to hear me, as they nodded in acknowledgement.

"Jacob and Kevin, you guys station yourselves at the entrance since you both have interacted with Lee Juyeon and Eric Sohn. Y/n and Sunwoo will be inside the hall, camouflaged as guests while Hyunjae and I take turns to guard the basement and patrol the place." Sangyeon listed as we listened intently, taking note of each others' roles.

"Great. We're counting on you guys once again. See y'all around." Wooyoung beamed, taking his leave. "Alright, that's all for today. Sunwoo and Y/n please stay around for a little while. I need to talk to you guys about tomorrow."

"Since you two are assigned to be in the hall to be part of the event, you have to be realistic so that you guys won't be standing out and looking too much like you know, police and officer-ish." Sangyeon leaned back into the seat as we waited for him to finish. "You guys will have to act like a couple." He finished, giving a sheepish smile.

"A WHAT?!" Both of us shouted, eyes darting from each each other to Sangyeon in disbelief. "Can't we just act alone?" Sunwoo groaned. "No, You would look awkward being alone in such an event. You guys are partners and that's that, stay together. The Stealers are not easy targets, especially their leader." Sangyeon muttered but both of us heard it. I wonder why he said that.

The sunlight shone on me through the small gap between the curtains, causing me to open my eyes. I barely slept yet again, thinking of how the event will be held today and unsure of whether The Stealers will be there.

Sighing, I sat up on my bed and looked to the side where Sunwoo was sleeping soundly. How does he sleep like a pig in any situation? I thought to myself, chuckling as he suddenly let out a short snore before going to wash up.

Coming back into the room, I was greeted by a yawning Sunwoo who looked at me with half opened eyes. "Wow, guess I have a panda as a girlfriend today." He snorted, ruffling his bed hair. Seriously, if he's not so much of a jerk with his attitude, I would melt over his morning voice and bed hair- okay Y/n, wth. I shook my head, bringing myself back to reality.

"Well, I didn't ask for a raccoon to be my boyfriend." I retorted, scanning his half awake state. "Hey, you should be honoured. A panda and a raccoon, not a bad pair." A slight smirk appeared on his sleepy face before getting up and passing me to go to the washroom.

What did he just say...?

im so sorry I took this long to update again

hope you guys like this chap!

~thedouble_a (27/10/20)