forty-two.

Y/n's POV

Waking up to my alarm, I sat up to prepare myself for they day; Sangyeon and the rest of them were coming over. They were coming over to visit Changmin and to update us about the Jungs who seemed to have turned to them for help. Pushing the door open after not receiving any response, I peeped into the room to see Changmin still in deep slumber.

Taking a seat on his spacious bed, my fingers trailed his soft features with a smile that has unconsciously appeared on my face. "Changmin, wake up. Sangyeon and the team are coming over soon." I shook him gently, watching him stir awake gradually. "5 more minutes, please." He slurred, turning away from me. "Wake up, wake up." I laughed as I continued to shake him, harder this time.

"Baby, I said 5 more minutes. We can afford that." Changmin pouted, turning back to face me with half-opened eyes. "Fine." Giving in, I landed a slap on his arm which drew a laugh from him before pulling me down into his embrace. I'm so weak. "Yay." He muttered, wrapping his strong arms around me tightly as I snuggled into his neck.

"So how did the talk with Sunwoo go?" He suddenly asked, pulling away slightly to look at me. "He seemed...fine? Or at least he tried to. I felt bad but he didn't want me to apologise to him, saying that we're still friends." Sighing, I told him about what Sunwoo had said as he hummed in response. "I'm sure he'll be fine soon, he's a strong headed kid." Changmin assured, landing a peck on my forehead. "Now, let's get up."

Changmin's arm was around me as I supported him to the meeting room where everyone was already at, waiting for the both of us. "Hey, how're you doing?" Sangyeon asked with his signature eye smile, coming over to help Changmin into his seat. "Still alive." Changmin joked, earning a joking punch on the chest from the other leader.

They started the meeting with Changmin and Eric sharing what they have found during their trip to the Jungs' office, reviewing the recording Eric had brought back with him and confirming that it was a piece of evidence that we could use against them. Sangyeon then proceeded to tell us what the Jungs had been doing then and what they've said to them.

"They came to us the day after the recording was stolen, saying they lost something important but when we told them to make a police report, they seemed rather fidgety and unwilling. However, after much persuasion they seemed to have decided to file a report soon from what we heard from Wooyoung." Sangyeon informed, filling us in with more information they've retrieved over the days.

"Good then. If everything goes according to plan, we can get them soon." Changmin nods. "That's if they make a report, or else we'll need a trigger point that will make them file one." Younghoon added with a serious tone. "Trigger point? What should we do?" Haknyeon asked, munching on his chips. "We'll have to pay them a visit, as a threat to them." Changmin's words made me frown at him, not approving of what he just said since he still hasn't recovered.

"But you haven't recovered?" Eric looked up with big eyes, afraid that his leader would get hurt further. "I'll be fine as long as you guys cooperate, and that will only happen if the Jungs do not make a police report and cave in to us." Changmin shrugged and concluded the meeting, dismissing everyone. Everyone but Kim Sunwoo?

Confused, Sunwoo and I both stared at the man who was still seated in his chair. Changmin simply gave me a nod and signalled for me to leave before turning his attention to the other male in the room.

Changmin's POV

"What is it?" Sunwoo's voice sounded uninterested although he shifted to a seat nearer to me. "Look, I know you don't like me but for the sake of Y/n let's put whatever shit we have behind us and get along." I started calmly, knowing his temper. "Why should I listen to the guy whom she chose over me?" He spoke, still cold as ice.

"Because I'm sure she'd be happy if we could get along or at least stop treating each other like enemies, and she wouldn't have to be stuck between us. Don't you want her to be happy?" I sighed, studying his expression.

He stayed quiet, seemingly in deep thoughts but his eyes were fixated on me. The silence lasted for awhile, none of us breaking it nor the eye contact until he let out a sigh.

"Fine."

Even though his answer sounded a bit forced, I was willing to take it. "I'm only doing this because of Y/n. Hurt her, make her upset and you're dead meat." He warned, with a faint smirk playing on his lips. "Don't worry, I'll not give you the chance to turn me into dead meat." I returned his smirk with one of my own, reaching my hand out to him. "We'll see." A genuine smile replaced his smirk, giving my hand a firm shake.

"Now Sunwoo, could you be a friend and help me out?"

hi y'all

im aiming to finish this book by this month and maybe around chap fifty

will u stay w me till then?

~thedouble_a (22/5/21)