thirty-two.

Sunwoo's POV

"Ji Changmin, what's your deal?"

I started the moment Y/n was out of sight, eyes fixed on the male in front of me who remained expressionless. "What's yours then?" He shot back. "Probably the same as you. Y/n. What do you want with her?" Trying to remain as calm as possible, I shot him with the question that has been on my mind for awhile. The corner of his lip tugged as he seemed to be in deep thoughts before finally meeting my eyes again and then came his answer that made my chest burn.

"I want her to be mine."

Once again, our eyes were locked in an intense staring battle; none of us backing down. "You'll have to get pass me first then." I challenged as I reached out a hand towards him, watching the competitive fire rage in his tired eyes when he shook my hand with a tight grip. "What's going on here now?" Y/n spoke in a confused yet amused tone as she eyed our hands that were still held together.

"Oh, nothing. We just decided to be friends? Yeah, friends." I chuckled awkwardly, quickly letting go of Changmin's hand. "That's great then." Y/n smiled at us both. "Here, drink up and get some more rest. You look so tired." She turned her attention back to Changmin, passing him a cup of tea while he gave her a small smile.

I rolled my eyes at her concern towards him. "How weak." I muttered but Y/n didn't fail to catch it as she turned to me with a slight glare. "That's not how friends act, Kim Sunwoo." Her eyes narrowed at me, making me raise my arms in defeat.

"Alright, now you're good to go for a rest." Y/n took the empty cup from Changmin, pulling him up from the couch as she ushered him towards the stairs. Finally some time alone with her again. I watched as she walked back towards where I was after making sure the other male had gone into his room.

"Why are you so concerned about him? He's just tired from the lack of sleep, not like he's going down with a fever or something." I tried to appear as unbothered as possible even though I know I'd fail, and sound very bothered. I had expected her to deny and get me to shut up and all, but no.

Instead, her cheeks turned pink as she avoided my eyes. "What's this? What did he to do you to get you all flustered?" Pressing on, I watched as blood continued to rush to her cheeks making her face even redder.

She kept quiet for awhile, before turning her body to face me. "Look, I know we ain't the closest but I need someone to talk to." She started seriously, taking a deep breathe before continuing. "He kissed me." Now, it was my turn to keep quiet. Seeing how she looked so giddy over him kind of broke my heart; I should be the one making you feel this way. "Kim Sunwoo, are you even listening to me?"

"What?" was all I could let out, making her let out a sigh. "I said he kissed me, during the mission." She repeated. As if hearing it once wasn't even to hurt me. "Did you like it?" Clearing my throat, I managed to ask. "H-huh? I uh..." She stuttered, obviously not expecting the question. My heart was pounding in wait of her answer, looking at her expectantly. "I think I did." I watched as a smile spread on her face.

Why does it still hurt so much when I had already expected her answer?

Y/n's POV

I was surprised Sunwoo was actually listening to me talk about Changmin, although it had seemingly put him in a bad mood. Sunwoo sat next to me unmoving, staring silently at the television that was switched on to a random channel. Finding the situation a little awkward, I nudged him slightly. "Why are you so interested in Changmin and I?"

The question seemed to have caught him off-guard, his thick lips moving but not a single word came out. "Why? I can't ask you about him?" He retorted, rolling his eyes. "Stop rolling your eyes so often. They're going to fall off one day." I joked, receiving a 'tch' from him. "My eyes are doing very well, thank you for your concern." Sunwoo rolled his eyes yet again, earning a smack from me. "Who said I was concerned for you? I just didn't want to see your eyes rolling around on the floor."

"So you're concerned about Ji Changmin but not me?" He suddenly grew serious again. Geez, what's with his mood swings? "Sunwoo, you know that's not it. What's it between the two of you anyways? Acting like rivals since day one, always glaring each other and stuff. You guys kinda act like a couple who went through a major fight too." I laughed, trying to lighten the tension he was creating. "No one wants to be a couple with him." He scoffed. "Then who would you want to be a couple with?" I asked, purely as a joke but his answer made me freeze.

"You."

hey y'all! another update :)

don't forget to vote if you're enjoying this story <3

~thedouble_a (2/5/21)