eighteen.

Y/n's POV

"Whatever. Good night, angel." Sunwoo said as he turned to face the other side, leaving me to stare at his back with flushed cheeks. Why is he acting like that all of a sudden...and since when does his words and actions affect me this much? I thought to myself as Iaid on my back, a hand on my chest as an useless attempt to calm my pounding heart.

"Yah, yah! Kim Sunwoo, wake up! It's 7am already." I faintly heard Hyunjae whisper-shouting at my roommate as I stirred slightly in my bed. "Shut up, you're loud and noisy." Sunwoo complained, covering his face with his blanket. "But I'm whispering?!" Hyunjae retorted, slapping Sunwoo's arm. "Ah, keep quiet. You're gonna wake Y/n up too at this rate." Sunwoo grumbled as Hyunjae pulled his blanket away from him.

"You could just cooperate with me and she can sleep peacefully." Hyunjae mumbled quietly while still trying his best to pull the sleepy boy up. "Fine, fine. I'm up. Can you get out now?" Sunwoo sighed, finally sitting up from his bed with a frown on his face. "Okay bye." Hyunjae simply said and soon after I heard the door close, followed by Sunwoo's groan as he got out of bed.

What are they up to at 7am? I wondered but eventually fell asleep again, knowing it was still early.

Sunwoo's POV

"Yah, yah! Kim Sunwoo, wake up! It's 7am already." I heard as Hyunjae shook my body violently as a wakeup call. "Shut up, you're loud and noisy." Pulling my blanket over my head to block him out, I complained half-awake. "But I'm whispering?!" Hyunjae retorted with a slap to my arm. "Ah, keep quiet. You're gonna wake Y/n up too at this rate." I tried to shoo him away as he pulled my blanket away. "You could just cooperate with me and she can sleep peacefully." Hyunjae mumbled quietly, now trying to pull me up by the arm.

"Fine, fine. I'm up. Can you get out now?" Giving in, I lifted myself up into a sitting position. "Okay bye." Hyunjae flashed a cheeky smile at me before walking out of the room coolly. Aish, what's his deal with waking me up at 7 in the morning... I groaned, dragging my tired body to the bathroom.

"What's up?" I asked Hyunjae and Sangyeon who were already seated at the dining table. "Chief Han contacted me last night, saying we have have to go back to the station for a short meeting and he told me to bring two of you guys along, so congrats on being chosen." Sangyeon smiled at me as if I had won a prize while I just stared back at him, dumbfounded. "Let's go now."

After a short ride, we were back in our office at the station. "I missed you my desk!" Hyunjae shouted dramatically, dashing towards his desk and giving his computer a hug. "Quit being dramatic, Chief Han is waiting." I said, rolling my eyes at him jokingly as he proceeded to sulk and trudge into the chief's office.

"Why is he here?" I hissed slightly, eyes fixed on that now familiar figure who was comfortably sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed. "Hi to you too." He smirked, raising a brow at me. "It has only been a day, have you forgotten that he's just like us? How old are you?" Hyunjae laughed, Chief Han and Sangyeon joining him but I kept my glare on Changmin.

"Oh hey, you guys are here." The silence was broken by Juyeon and Younghoon who had just came back from the washroom. "Now that everyone's here, please take a seat." Chief Han signalled, waving his hand at the empty seats in his office. "Yah, quit glaring and sit." Sangyeon whispered along with a tap on my back, bringing my senses back as I took a seat next to him.

Chief Han was giving us a brief on what we have to do, as a whole and individual teams. "Lastly, I need both teams to do a shuffle of members. Three from Changmin's team to Sangyeon's and vice versa." Chief Han said, earning confused looks from everyone. "To exchange whatever knowledge you guys have, and wouldn't it be fun to switch roles?" Chief Han smiled as he leant back into his chair.

"Switch roles? Means we get to sneak into peoples' houses?" Hyunjae perked up. "Yes but more specifically Jungs' office, which none of you have been to before, to gather more evidences against them." Chief Han explained.

"Do you guys have any requests?" He continued, looking at the two leaders in the office. "Yeah, we want to choose who comes over to our team." Changmin spoke, waiting for Chief Han's approval before continuing.

"We want Hyunjae, Sunwoo and Y/n."

chap eighteen is here! sorry have been real busy with school TT

~thedouble_a (11/12/20)