thirty-five.

Y/n's POV

"Am I still a baby if I do this?" His tone grew serious again. "Do wha-" I cut got off.

With his lips.

I froze, and so did my heart, when I felt his soft lips on mine. My eyes were wide open in shock, watching as he pulled away. "I-You...Eish." I pushed him away slightly before escaping to the bathroom, washing my face with cold water in hopes of clearing my mind. Staring at my rather pink cheeks, I thought back to my conversation with Chanhee earlier.

"Choose wisely, Y/n. Think about how you feel when you're with them, there's bound to be one who makes you more nervous, more you know, in love."

Chanhee's words made me think hard, recalling the moments I've had with the both of them. How Changmin went from a cold, tricky leader of a groups of stealers to a still cold but warm and even cute leader of a team of police; and how Sunwoo went from a rude and annoying teammate to one who's protective yet playful partner. How do I even choose? Both of them mean something to me.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I splashed my face with another round of cold water, only to hear a chuckle from behind the door. "Yah crazy girl, Hyunjae and Eric ordered food. Let's go eat before they leave nothing but air for us." I opened the door to glare at Sunwoo who was still laughing to himself, walking off without waiting for me.

After a not so peaceful lunch, time passed quickly as we went back to preparing for the mission and soon it was already time for the briefing. We were once again gathered in the meeting room, my eyes immediately falling on the leader who somehow looked worse than before.

He had probably felt my stare as his eyes met mine, giving me a nod while mouthing a 'I'm okay'. I definitely did not believe him as he sniffled but I took a seat next to him without commenting on it, waiting for everyone to arrive.

"The plan will be similar but this time it will be Eric and I, we'll set off at midnight after Eric hacks into their system and passing it off to Hyunjae. Hyunjae and Juyeon, fill us in on every update whether or not you spot something." Changmin cleared his hoarse throat before continuing. "Y/n, Kim Sunwoo, you guys stay in contact with your team for any information."

"What about meee?" Eric whined suddenly, causing Changmin's brows to furrow at his loudness. His headache is definitely still there. "You...just keep quiet and be careful. Mess up there and we're dead." The leader warned, still frowning at Eric who was saluting him.

Eric and Changmin did a final check with the equipments they were to bring with them when Eric suddenly yelled. "Oh shit, this earpiece has a battery problem and doesn't seem to be fully charged. What if it dies on me and then something happens and then I can't contact anyone and then I-" Changmin slapped his hand over the rapping boy, snatching the earpiece from the now silent Eric. "I'll take it if it makes you shut up."

And it did.

Changmin's POV

Staring at the earpiece I had taken from Eric, I frowned. Nothing will happen...right? I was deep in thoughts until I felt a pair of eyes on me.

"Why are you looking at me while frowning again?" I asked the girl who occupied the seat next to mine. "Then why are you frowning?" She retorted. "Oh, so now you're talking back to me?" I teased, a smile threatening to surface. "Yes and don't try to change the topic." She spoke as she folded her arms, leaning closer towards me.

"I frown when I think, it doesn't mean much." I answered vaguely, hoping she would stop asking me. "Thinking about what?" Plan failed. "The mission, just hoping it goes well and according to plan. If something happens, it'll be risky for us." Caving in, I told her truthfully as she nodded.

"You'll be fine, so will Eric. But are you really in a condition to go for the mission? You still look sick." She said with concern painted on her face, making me feel warm inside again. "Yeah, just a slight cold I guess." I gave her the best, assuring smile in an attempt to hide my discomfort from my pounding head and whatever symptoms I had from the cold. Stupid cold came at the wrong time.

"Did you not rest just now?" Her question made me shrug sheepishly, receiving a soft slap on my arm from her. "I told you to rest didn't I?" She nagged, giving me a short lecture on how I should be taking care of myself. "Yes, mom. I'm sorry, mom." I chuckled, nodding my head repeatedly at her only to receive another slap; on the thigh this time.

"It's almost time, we have to go now. Eric, I'll meet you at the car in awhile." Checking my watch, I announced as I stood up to head to my room to grab something.

Checking myself one more time, I heard a soft knock coming from the door, opening it to reveal Y/n. "What now?" I asked softly as she let herself into my room.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck? Please be careful, okay? Let us know if you guys need any help." She spoke softly, with her eyes fixed on the ground. "I will, don't worry." I assured her once again, caressing her hair and giving her a pinch on her cheek. "I have to go now."

"Stay safe." Her voice muffled as she suddenly wrapped her arms around me, hiding her face in my chest. Although her action caught me by surprised, I managed to react, returning her hug before she pulled away. "Okay love." Giving her a peck on her forehead, I headed out to meet Eric.

Please let this go well.

another y/n + changmin moment :P

hope you like it!

~thedouble_a (6/5/21)