forty-five.

Y/n's POV

True enough, we were all called back to the station to sit in for the interrogation. Sangyeon and Jacob were inside while the rest of us were in the next room, behind the monitor.

"So, Mr. Jung. Could you start by telling us what's the reason for filing this report, in detail?"

"Uh...we're missing some important belongings from both our home and our office."

"Important belongings? Could you elaborate further?"

Jacob pressed on, only to be met with silence from the fidgety elder whose eyes could be seen darting around.

"Mr. Jung? We can't move on if you don't tell us."

Silence again.

"If you're just going to keep quiet, I'm afraid we will have to call off this-"

"Three!"

Mr. Jung let out, panic could evidently be heard.

"Three what?"

"...three files...important documents of our firm."

Hyunjae stood on my right, feet tapping anxiously, Sunwoo was on my left, biting his nails with a frown on his face and Changmin was seated in front of me staring intently at the monitor. "This old man sure is taking his own sweet time." Sunwoo grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"What kind of documents were they? Why are they so important to you and your company?"

Once again, Mr. Jung's lips were in a line as he hesitated to reveal the nature of the documents. Sangyeon casted a glance towards the camera that was recording them, which is the live footage we were watching.

"Alright, that's my cue. My time to shine is here." Changmin cleared his throat as he rose from his seat that was in front of the monitor, grabbing the files he had brought back with him.

"Perhaps these are the documents you were looking for?"

"Y-you again?! You guys were together in this?"

"Oh, you recognise me even without my mask on? Well, hi to you too and yes, we are."

A wide, sarcastic smile was plastered on Changmin's face as realisation and shock spread across Mr. Jung's face.

"You tricked me into this! All of you!"

"Let's say we did. It was you who made the choice of coming eventually, all we did was persuade and convince you. Now, it's time to confess everything."

A frustrated sigh escaped from Mr. Jung as he rest his elbows on the table, shoulders deflated.

"Fine. I don't have a choice, do I?"

In the end, Mr. Jung came clean about everything; from embezzlement to use of illegal products. The three who were in the room with him entered ours with wide smiles, and we all couldn't be happier that this case was finally over.

"Good job, teams. Mr. Jung will be detained before the court hearing. Before that, I'll need a detailed report from both groups and we can have a celebratory meal after." Chief Han walked in proudly, giving both leaders a pat on their backs. "Yes, sir!"

We all headed to the Jungs' estate to gather our stuff and to bring back other necessary files of the Jungs. I was packing the few items I had left behind in the room, my old roommate doing the same on the other side of the room. We were engulfed in a comfortable silence until he broke it.

"So, how is it between you and Changmin?" Sunwoo asked, casting a glance at me as he sat on the bed. "All's good. You?" I returned his question with one of my own. "Do you mean me or Changmin and I?" I laughed, giving him a shrug. "Well, I'm still adjusting but I'll be fine. Changmin and I...I guess you can say we're friends now, as long as he doesn't do anything stupid." Sunwoo answered, tilting his head to the side with a small smile. "Great to hear then."

Once we were done, we were all gathered in the common room as the police moved back and forth around us. "I can't believe this is finally over." Kevin sighed exasperatedly. "I know right, what a ride it was." Hyunjae agreed, his hair moving along as he nodded his head. "Whatever it was, it's over. Let's go already so we can all go back home and sleep in peace." Sunwoo concluded before letting out a loud yawn and earning a slap on his shoulder from Hyunjae. "You're no fun."

this will probs be d last chap! but I'll post an epilogue (hopefully tmr) so do stay with me for a bit more :)

do vote & comment too!

and before the day ends, happy birthday bae joonyoung <3

~thedouble_a (30/5/21)