Chapter 50

012521

I couldn't really hear what happened after that. Nothing seemed to register to my ears, or my heart, or my body. It seemed as if I could only see, and watch as another figure came into the corners of my vision. And then a second. A third.

In the next second, the man I'd been battling was to the left of me. Instinct made me crawl away, but I only had to do that for a few seconds, because I was picked up under the arms and swung a few feet away, being planted into a crumpled pile with one of my brothers who I didn't have time to recognize.

I watched as my eyes realized who was on top of him. Namjoon had one arm of the man pinned down in the wet grass, while Yoongi placed a firm hand on his torso. Jungkook and Taehyung were also by their side in the next instant, hovering over the captured body of Jiho's brother.

The boys all seemed to know without a second glance who he was. The impact he'd had on all eight of us was boiling over. There was no lid on our emotions anymore, and no limit to the outtake of our emotions.

This man was going to get what he deserved, from all eight of us.

The struggling body laying on our front lawn tried to swat at the boys, until Taehyung muttered a string of colorful language at him, and gave him a nice smack to the face. And then we were all still.

It was silent, other than the heavy breathing of every one of us as we looked at the one person who'd caused so much pain in our lives recently.

We sat there, like that until the police and my uncle Sejin arrived. Our eyes didn't peel from the man until he was gone, out of our sight. Taken away to live with the consequences of the actions that had been close to ruining our lives on several occasions.

It seemed as if the scene in front of us with flashing lights, police and BigHit Staff lasted forever, because I wanted the nightmare to end. At the same time, it flicked before my eyes in what seemed to be seconds.

Luckily, it wasn't a shock that our seven- or eight, won against his army of one that day. Without Jiho by his side in his evil doings, it didn't even seem to touch me.

When finally the boys and I had the energy to move, Jungkook came towards where I was still in Jimin's embrace. I was still in shock, and not just from facing Jiho's brother for myself a few seconds before my brothers could take it into their hands. He crouched down, and slowly took a strand of wet hair that was hanging down and sticking to my cheek. He placed it behind my ear before furrowing his brow. I could tell he wanted to say something, but didn't.

"What's wrong, Kookie?" I asked in a quiet voice. The nerves that were slightly shaking my body made it hard to speak.

His large eyes studied me carefully. My eyes trailed down his clear skin, straight eyebrows, and pressed lips, all the way to his strong shoulders that just a few weeks ago, I'd determined held the world because of being an idol. His rough hands were clasped together in front of himself, close to mine. His bent legs had carried him through so many dance practices and on top of so many stages, and walked him past so many fans and to so many places. Yet, this Jeon Jungkook was not an idol. My brother, Jeon Jungkook, was only concerned about me. "Why is your face so wet? And your hair..."

I immediately turned my head away from him. Away from Jimin.

I didn't think now was the time to explain what I had been so close to doing earlier that night. We didn't need another thing to fret over. We still had to deal with the police that invaded the front lawn and waited for us to give them more answers.

I would have to tell my brothers eventually, though.

As I sat there with Jimin's arms wrapped around me, and Jungkook crouched beside us, I was scared of myself. I was scared of what I had tried to do to myself.