Chapter 41

112320

When I first opened the journal, there were lyrics, melody sketches, and other various notes. It looked like a planner at first glance, with a musical kick. I could feel his passion for the subject. It seemed to infest every page.

But, that wasn't exactly what I had been looking for, or hoping for. For one, his musical inclination was a beautiful part of him that I missed, a lot. Two, it wasn't what I wanted to see at the moment. I wanted details of his life he'd closed off from me.

I continued to flip through the pages, scanning the words quickly with my eyes, until a familiar word caught my attention. I stopped scanning, and started reading.

July 4, 2016

Today, I worked harder than ever in filming for our music video. I'm not sure how much longer I can make it. We're warned more about Big Hit Entertainment, and their only current band, BTS. They're a threat. My brother's experience is starting to show up. He's been keeping track of the band's whereabouts, and I believe he's got an upper hand. I've even heard more about the band's adopted sister, Sujin.

Wait. I was confused.

A threat?

A double glance at the date helped me realize this was before I had met him.

I tried to dismiss my confusion for a moment, and flipped forwards a few pages. This one was dated for August 18th, the day we met for the first time at the cafe he worked in.

Kim Sujin. The nice young lady whose 'brothers' I'd put my own hyung onto to study. We've been watching her for a while, too. The competition for a spot in the music industry is getting harder. It sounds like she'll be attending SOPA, as I am. I don't see how she can get so much popularity off being the adopted sister of a boy band. They're not even the most popular, either. She's adding more competition to what I already feared BTS's threat would be to my fame...

So he had been jealous.

I stopped reading to think for a second. Could anything that happened between us have been because of this? Could he have done what he did... because of this? Because of me?

In the few seconds I thought, things were popping up in my head, and possibilities didn't add up in my head. But, there was more to read, and I needed more information before I continued to make inferences.

When I looked at Suho, his brows were raised as he studied the pages. I continued to move onward, trying not to let him see something that would make him stop me.

As I flipped through the pages, I decided to get a little deeper into the timeframe when we were getting to know each other more.

The odd thing was how the journal was pretty trashed. Not just from the rain. Pages were ripped, halves were gone, and large chunks of text were scribbled out with black marker. Ink bled through in plenty of places, marking out his neat and bold handing writing.

Aug 30, 9 pm

First date. It went well. I think I've got her wrapped around my finger nicely. She's cute, but vulnerable. I can't believe how easy it might be to steal her heart. This might not be as hard as I thought. Our relationship is getting stronger. Yes, I even have some feelings for her. But that won't stop my goal....

Sujin got her first few company offers. I might already be in a company, but the amount she got today is crazy. I believe I made her feel bad for me, but that's fine. Maybe it'll help her stay in the low, stay away from wanting the fame and life of an idol. Not that she's that talented anyways....