Chapter 51

020121

"One, two three, four, five... six... oh. Aha. Haha. Ha!"

"Oh shut it, Jungkook," I whined, watching as his board game player piece smashed on top of mine, and he captured my player.

"Sorry," he cackled with his beautiful laugh. Recently, his laughter had started to sound like a song.

With force, I took the player piece Jungkook had kicked out and placed it back on my home base, leaving it to start over. As I propped myself onto my elbows from where I'd been laying stomach-down on Jimin's bed, I eyed one of my player pieces that had been left in peace. I counted the amount of spaces it was behind one of Kook's. Three. "When is it going to be my turn to shout the game's name with glee?"

"You're the one who said you wanted to play 'Sorry'," Jimin snorted. "Don't complain when we beat the heck out of you."

I cocked my head and drew a card from the pile, kicking my feet back and forth in the air as I anticipated the number. "Three. Three! Ha!" The card made a loud smack as I placed it on the discard pile. I took my player piece, kicking Jungkook's off the board and advancing myself the three spaces the card allowed me. I'd gotten my payback. My brother's player piece rolled with such force, it fell off the bed.

Jungkook watched the interaction between our pieces, but didn't respond.

The three of us turned to Taehyung, who was sitting on the edge of the bed thoughtfully, with his chin resting on his palm. He looked at the pieces carefully, just as I had seconds earlier, before picking up a card from the deck and nodding to himself. When he picked up his red player piece and advanced it on the board, I was left to gasp while Jungkook and Jimin giggled at the defeat of the player piece I had just used to kick one of Jungkook's.

I was about to object when Yoongi knocked on the doorframe of the room, turning out heads toward the soun. "Sejin wants us to come to the company building earlier than planned today for the tour set review meeting. He has something new to show us, it's important."

"Huh?" I asked, getting off the bed. "What kind of 'important'?"

"'Wings tour trailer being released' kind of important."

"Huh?" All the voices in the maknae line, along with mine, strained towards Yoongi, who'd started heading down the hall. I glanced at Jimin, before the four of us stood and made our way out of the bedroom.

"The producers usually tell us beforehand when things like that are going to be released," Taehyung said.

Namjoon heard our conversation as we all trekked downstairs. "They did tell us beforehand. It's being released tonight. Maybe this afternoon."

"Manager Sejin was unclear," Jin added as he looped his arms into his jacket holes, "but he said it'd be released once all seven of us cleared it."

"Since when have you had to clear something for it to be released? Even as the artist, you don't get to do that very often." I raised an eyebrow at Jin before heading to the front porch to grab our shoes.

"Yeah, well this one is a little different, isn't it?" Jimin asked, crouching down to tie his laces. "It's Wings."

"It is Wings, but the tour doesn't even start until February, right?"

Namjoon nodded, opening the front door for us to start piling out to the car.

I hummed along to Blood Sweat and Tears through my earbuds as we drove to the company building. We traveled down the neighborhood, and I counted the blocks we passed until we got closer to it. His neighborhood.