Chapter 21

062920

I looked at her in awe. "You sure do know a lot about the idol life don't you?"

"My brother's a trainee."

"Oh- right, I knew that. Jiho."

"There's a lot of talk from my parents about it. I swear they don't talk about anything else anymore." I could hear the pain in her voice.

"Do... do they support Jiho?"

"Pfft. My mom doesn't care. My dad wants the money. Jokes on him, Jiho will have to get famous first. Not gonna happen."

"I-w- I think he will."

"Do you?"

"He's handsome- oh." I stopped myself. "Oops."

"Do you like him?" she asked with a small smirk. "Oh I see," she said teasingly.

"I mean..."

"Nah it's okay. Don't worry about it."

"I kinda do think he's..."

"I get it," she sighed with a smile. "It's okay, that's cute. It was your house where he hung out on Thursday wasn't it?"

"Yeah," I laughed, remembering the night out at the restaurant. Minie eyed me a few times, which I saw from the mirror in front of me, but didn't say anything else.

As if to help us move on from the subject, she asked, "Not to intrude your business, but your.. Uh, brother talked like you'd had a hard morning. Everything alright?"

"This conversation with you is the first time I've smiled today, but I'm okay."

"I hate days like that."

"Mm. I don't know if it's what you'd call it, but one of the boys and I got in a tiny... quarrel this morning? Not a fight.. But a misunderstanding. I felt bad and think I caused inconvenience. The boys weren't calm about this performance-" I stopped, hearing a voice far off that was familiar. "Wait." It was Jimin, but he was singing. It was a second later that I realized. "Oh! They're performing!" I turned around in the chair to face the screen in the room of the shows currently going on.

"They look calm to me," Minie said, watching Jimin.

I was getting excited. Watching them from the camera had way better angles than from backstage. As Jimin sang, he walked slowly around the rectangle stage in the center of the concert hall. He was alone, but his presence called the attention of everyone in the room. He walked slowly, singing a tune I knew as 'Save Me'. It was one of the songs released in their last album and was part of the last comeback.

Nan sumshwigo shipeo i bami shireo

ijen kkaego shipeo kumsigo shireo

nae ane gachyeoseo nan jugeoisseo

Don't wanna be lonely

Just wanna be yours

As the song sped up a little bit from Jimin's calm intro, Jungkook joined. His voice was a little harder than Jimin's but so stable. After a minute, Taehyung joined with his unique deep voice, and then Jin. By the time those two had run back and forth a line or two, the rest of the boys joined in the center and the chorus started, signaling the choreography.

Geu soneul naemileojwo save me save me

I need your love before I fall, fall

Geu soneul naemireojwo save me save me

I need your love before I fall, fall

"Just wait for the dance break," I told Minie as our eyes kept focused on the screen. "The dance break is something else."