Chapter 1

012720

"Stay away from the clingy girls, they're cute, but not when you really get to know them," Jungkook told me with a sigh. He leaned back in his car seat, opposite of mine in the second row.

"Uhm," I scowled, "The 'hot' girls are what I, as a fellow girl, call the 'popular' girls. And I already know to stay away from them."

He huffed, "Well, then, stay away from Mr. Bang. If you get him for social studies, you're gonna have the longest year of your life. And if you're lucky enough to steer clear of his classes, then avoid him when he's on hall duty. He has never gone a day without spilling his coffee on his shirt during a lecture, and I doubt the rest of his sanitary needs are met."

"Great to know!" I said with a hint of sarcasm. "I'm totally going to get through High School with these awesome tips, Jungkook." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm just trying to help," he shrugged, but his eyes were in an arrogant slant.

"Can't you two take a notch down on the arguing? My headache isn't getting any better," Yoongi moaned from the back seat.

"Or Jin could just hurry up and get us to the school faster," I said.

"Kid, what's with the attitude?" Namjoon snapped from the front.

"Aren't we all doing likewise?" I replied, folding my arms.

"Princess," Taehyung said softly from behind me. "Let's just focus on what your orientation, we're almost there anyways."

I let out a breath. "I'm sorry, Namjoon..." I hesitated for a moment. "And Jungkook."

After my apology, I thought we'd all be able to sit quietly, but of course Jungkook had to break that by mumbling, "I did save your life, did I not?"

"Jungkook!" I whined, getting aggravated again. "We don't speak of that!"

"Okay, okay," he put his arms up in surrender.

"Hallelujah, we're here," said Yoongi. I looked outside my window as excitement built up inside of me. I recognized the building, my new High School.

Last year, I had gone to the Middle School while Jungkook was somewhat finishing his last year in High School. Since he didn't do all too well, with being gone so much, especially near the end of the year, he was taking a few classes this year. He didn't have to go to school every day, so he was only going to the building when he had a certain class that couldn't be taught at home or from a tutor. This year, I'd be joining Jungkook in the High School building that was a few blocks away from the Middle School. The coolest part was that in starting High School with Jungkook, I'd be going into SOPA, the School of Performing Arts Seoul. It specialized in music, dance, and the arts that the boys worked with. I never fully considered the idol life, but I was intrigued by it, and after spending so much time with the boys, as they were a popular boy band, it made me want to follow closely in their footsteps and go to SOPA so I could try for at least some life in the music industry. The boys supported it fully, which wasn't surprising since most of them would have gone if they had the chance, so I was signed up and, surprisingly, accepted.

--------

Looking down at my new class schedule, I turned a corner as I was heading to the Freshman hall. Jungkook was leading the way, and the rest of the boys were behind me as I trailed after him. I was distracted by the paper, so when I bumped into a figure that had stopped walking in front of me, I jumped, stepped back, and groaned. "Jungkook, why did you-" When I looked up, my sentence was interrupted. "Suho? What are you doing here?"