Chapter 2

020320

As I sprinted down the lawn, Jungkook ran from my left side and approached me. His longer legs moved him closer, and his right was in front of mine before I could escape his path. My foot got caught under his calf, making me plunge to the ground as the soccer ball kept rolling down the grass. I landed on my hands and knees but then fell on my rear so I could look up at Jungkook.

"Darn, Sujin, didn't you see me coming?" he asked, giving me a hand and pulling me to my feet.

"I saw you alright," I huffed as I rubbed grass off of my palms, "I just felt like it was an awkward position for me to run to the side with the ball, that's all."

"I see," he nodded.

"I thought about kicking the ball to my right but since we don't have any other players, there was no one there to pass it to."

"That's understandable. Next time, try slowing down quickly to get behind me. If you can, you can run away from me before I have time to turn around to go for the ball, alright?"

"Thanks," I mumbled before going back to grab the ball. I positioned the ball under my foot and I was about to start running when the front door opened and Jin poked out.

"I hope your playing made you two hungry, I got a lot of food ready."

Jungkook's eyes went wide and he smiled. "G'bye, Sujin, I'm gonna get some dinner! You go practice by yourself."

"Easy," I shrugged, "sometimes I need what only you can provide, and that is your absence," I shot back before laughing at my own insult.

"I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong," he shot back before turning to head inside.

"H-hey! I'm coming too Jin!" I shouted, abandoning the ball to run inside.

As we settled around the dinner table, Jungkook asked, "Doesn't your friend, Suho, like soccer too?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he should play with us sometime."

"That'd be fun."

I sat next to Hoseok who was on my left and Jungkook on my right, but the whole table's attention then went to Namjoon as he sighed heavily before taking a seat.

"Is you alright, Joon?" I asked as Jin brought the food to the table.

"Yeah, you seemed exhausted all day, how was the meeting with Sejin?"

"Oh, that was today," I sighed, remembering.

Namjoon looked down at the table for a second before shaking his head. "Sujin, I'll need to talk to you after we eat."

Butterflies found their way into my stomach. Was there another problem? Had the meeting been concerning me?

"Yeah, okay," I nodded, and the member's faces looked as worried as I was feeling.

"Is everything okay?" Jin asked, taking the last seat.

Namjoon shrugged and then nodded towards the food. "Let's not worry about it now. We should eat."

The boys started getting food on their plates and began eating. Everyone was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. Usually, this silence was filled with each individual's own thoughts, yet tonight, it was different. I could tell everyone was anticipating what Namjoon might say about the meeting and when they'd hear anything else.

We all watched as Namjoon stabbed his bulgogi slices with such force that his fork slid across the plate with a shriek. He only sighed before ripping a piece off with his hands and shoving it into his mouth, furiously chewing as he stared at his plate.