Chapter 30

Chapter 30

*Emi's POV*

It has been a few days since I finished the article. I phoned Hikaru to tell him that I had finished, and luckily it was going to be included in the next issue of the magazine. He said that he had a surprise for me whilst we were on the phone, but he said he will tell me when the time comes. Hopefully It is a good surprise, though.

I sighed as I looked over the pool to see everyone practicing. It was winter, so we decided on another joint practice with Samezuka. Gou turned to me and smiled.

"I think the diets worked, their times are improving," I could see that she was trying to contain her happiness. I grinned back and looked over towards the pool. Gou started talking about new regimes and schedules, however I started thinking. What will happen when we all graduate? We only have half a year left, apart from the second years like Gou, Nagisa and Rei. Suddenly, a hand was waving in my face. I looked towards Gou, who owned the hand. She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"Were you even listening to me?" She sighed. "Or were you watching Rin swim?"

"Hey! I'm allowed to evaluate the competition, aren't I?" I smirked. "Anyway, I was thinking about graduation,"

"Oh..." She trailed off."We will still hang out, right?"

"Yeah! I-" was cut off by the sound of footsteps behind me. I turned around and smiled.

"Hey Emi, Could I talk to you for a moment?" Sousuke stood there with a towel draped on his shoulder. I nodded and sent Gou a quick smile.

"I'll be back in a sec!" I called. She nodded and went back to watching the guys swim. I looked over to the pool and saw Rin looking at me with his eyebrows raised. I waved at him, before following Sousuke towards the corridor.

"So, what did you need?" I asked, as I leaned on the wall. He had his back to me and him head down.

"I wanted to say sorry for what happened at the party," He sighed, turning around.

"O-oh! Its fine!" I stuttered, scratching my neck. "I mean, You were drunk, right?"

"Emi... Do you really like Rin?" His voice cracked and he frowned.

"Why wouldn't I?" I replied. "Are yo-"

"I'm fine," He raised his voice a little, which made me flinch.

"Sousuke...." I looked at him and saw anger in his eyes.

"Why is it always Rin who wins?" He growled. "He even stole my crush from me. Everything, is just gradually slipping away from me because of that bastard!"

He punched the wall forcefully, making several cracking noises.

"Sousuke, you aren't thinking straight," I shivered. I've never seen him like this before. He looked...broken. I was truly scared.

"God damn it Emi, I am! I've liked you ever since I met you... Ever since I helped you in Kindergarten! When I saw you after years, I felt like I could do anything, but Rin took you away from me!" He shouted. "I wasn't drunk! I love you Emi, please...!"

I could see tears forming in his eyes. I couldn't bear it.

"Sousuke, I'm so sorry," I did what my instincts told me to do and I hugged him. He was shaking in anger, so I held him tighter. "Please don't hate Rin, He didn't intentionally do it. I did like you before, but that's all in the past. Sousuke, you're an amazing friend and you have helped me so much, so thank you."

"Emi..." He trailed off as he stopped shaking."I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried to take you away from Rin, forgive me!" He wrapped his arms around me.

"I will always forgive you, Sousuke," I smiled."Please make up with Rin, though. You two were best friends in Elementary, right? I'm sorry for corrupting that too,"

"It wasn't your fault, It was me and Rin being childish as always," He discretely wiped a single tear away from his eye, which he thought I didn't see.

"Finally... Everything is going to be ok." I smiled.

"What are you guys doing?" I heard a familiar voice from the end of the hallway.

"Just talking," I grinned. I stepped away from Sousuke as I felt an arm pull me away.

"Why are you being so protective again?" Sousuke chuckled.

"You kno-" Rin started with anger plastered on his face until I put my finger to his lips.

"We have sorted it," I winked. "Now please, be friends,"

"Sorry, Rin," Sousuke scratched his neck as he chuckled awkwardly.

"E-Eh?" Rin looked confused.

"I'm not saying it again," Sousuke muttered.

"I-Im sorry too," Rin stuttered.

"Are we cool now? I mean, I'm not going to try and take her from you anytime soon." Sousuke patted Rin on his back heavily, making Rin stumble forward.

"Yeah," Rin smiled.

~ A few days later~

It was like things were finally back to normal. Rin and Sousuke finally made up over the stupid thing they were arguing about, and everyone was happy. I smiled to myself as I watched TV. Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Its Hikaru," He replied. My stomach started to hurt from excitement. "Its time,"

"What is it?" I asked.

"We're sending you on a trip," He gleamed.

"Eh?! Where to?!" I gasped.

"Australia!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, I have been so ill. I'm also sorry if this chapter is a little shorter than usual or I've made any mistakes with spelling and such.

On a good note, Chapter 30! I can't believe I've actually got this far with a story, the furthest I've got with a story other than this one is 11 chapters long xD Thank you so much for reading! It pushes me to update and make you guys happy ^0^

Anyway, see you in the next update <3~ ToxicWolf