Chapter 38

Chapter 38

*Emi's POV*

"This is way too hard!" Kiyo rolled out onto my floor, having her weekly tantrum about how hard the school work was for her. I sighed and grabbed a book, smacking her around the head with it.

"I agreed to tutor you so you can learn, not whine," I looked at her as she got up and gave me a pout. 

"What the hell is this though?! How can you even get this?" She started reading the math questions, whilst ranting about how they aren't in the English language. "Algebra can go suck it!"

"Fine, but If you fail your exams, you're going to have to redo you're second year~" I chirped as her face looked up at me in horror. "So I'd suggest you listen to meee~"

"Fine!" She groaned, picking up the book and reading it as If her life depended on it, which It kinda did. "You're paying me, though,"

"Why should I be paying you?! I'm the one who agreed to teach you when you came up to my doorstep in the pouring rain, 'Oh Emi-san please help me pass my second year, If I don't I don't know what I will do~'" I impersonated her, smirking as I did. She decided to throw the book at me, full speed, sending me to the floor. "Hey! That's a heavy book!"

"That is not how it went!" She grumbled, looking angered. This is normally how it went, She would as me for help, I would accept and then tease her about it, and then finally she would get all angry about it. "Anyway, I didn't mention anything about paying with money... You can pay me with your body!"

"Get away from me," I struggled as she started making kissy faces at me. "I'll stop helping you If you keep getting distracted like this."

"Ok, ok." She sighed, rolling away from me, after grabbing the math book. Suddenly, my phone began to ring, so I snatched it from my desk and answered the call quickly, walking out of the room. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Yo, It's me." The familiar voice on the phone made me smile. 

"Hey!" I replied, grinning like a madman. 

"Are you free? I need to speak with you about something," He asked, sounding a little uncomfortable and sad. 

"I'll be free in around half an hour, how come? Are you ok?" I questioned him, leaning against the wall. 

"Y-Yeah, Could you meet me at the entrance of Iwatobi in an hour?" He mumbled, as I heard little shuffles through the phone. 

"Sure, but you better tell me what's wrong!" I shouted, chuckling as he hung up abruptly. "What the hell is wrong with him?" 

I walked back into my bedroom and clapped my hands. "Come on, I have to go meet up with Rin in an hour so you will have to leave,"

"But I don't wannaaaaa~" She whined, flicking her legs up into the air. I sighed and started putting her books into her bag, but she snatched the bag off me in one quick swipe. " You can't leave me for hiimmmmmm~"

"Kiyo..." I lifted her up onto her feet and placed her by the door. "Please? I'll help you with the work tomorrow, I swear."

"B-but," Tears welled up in her eyes. 'Fuck, I forgot she could do perfect puppy eyes,' I thought as she gave me her infamous look, batting her eyelashes. After a couple of seconds, she realised I was not fazed and groaned. "Fiinneeee, but you owe me time tomorrow! I need to pass these tests!"

"Ok Ok," I laughed. I heard little footsteps going down the stairs and the front door opening, and then silence. I breathed a sigh of relief whilst I shut my bedroom door, working out what time I'd have to leave the house. It was  6 PM, so I had half an hour to get ready. 

I ran over to my desk and started moving things from it, cleaning it up. I put all of my pens back into the holder, my books to one side and my money on the other. I spotted a small envelope, however I dismissed it and went into the bathroom. I put my hair up into a pony tail, loosening the strands. I then went back into my room and got my shoes on, whilst grabbing my phone and coat. 

I stumbled downstairs, where I found Makoto sitting on the Sofa, on the laptop per usual. "Hey, I'm going out for a bit so I'll see you later."

"How long will you be out for? Be back by 8:30!" He called, making me chuckle at his motherly aspects. "Who are you going to meet? Where are you actually going?"

"Ok, and I'm going to meet Rin  outside of school, so I'll be fine, besides it isn't even dark yet," I answered, taking a breather after. He nodded and smiled at me.

"Ok! If you have any trouble call me!" He grinned. I returned the nod and went through the door, closing it as I went outside. It was still a little cold because it was spring, but you could feel the warm summer air making its way slowly. I looked up to see an orange sky, with a few small clouds floating by. 

The streets were quiet, and all you could hear was the nature. Birds were chirping, insects were humming, everything was pretty calm. I was just turning the corner, when I saw Rin at the end of the street, by the gates of the school. I quickened my pace, breaking out into a run. "Riiin!"

He whipped his head round to look at me, but it didn't hold his usual smile. Nonetheless, I ran into him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I missed you,"

"Emi..." He mumbled.

"So how come you wanted to meet up? It took me at least 10 minutes to get Kiyo out of the house, but I still did it! Makoto was-" I was cut off by him removing my arms from his neck with a pained look on his face. I frowned as he looked away from me. "Rin, please tell me what's wrong."

He stayed silent for a few seconds, but then stared at me with a saddened look across his face. "Emi, I can't be with you any more."

"What? You must be joking, don't play pranks like that!" I whined, but he shook his head in disapproval. I felt sudden tears well up in my eyes and roll down my cheeks, even in my state of denial. 

"Emi, I mean it, I want to break up with you."