Chapter 39

Chapter 39

*Emi's POV*

Tears streamed down my face as I looked at his broken expression. I was completely lost for words. We stood in silence, looking at each other, hurt written all over our faces. I took a step back from him, my knees shaking, almost giving in. I gulped, trying not to let any more tears run freely and whispered. "Why... Why would you do this to me, Rin?"

"It's for the best." He replied, looking away as his voice cracked ever so slightly. "Goodbye, Emi."

"NO!" I shouted, grabbing onto his wrist as hard as I could. I caught a glimpse of his face, that had tears in his eyes. "I'm not letting it end like this! Why, Rin, Why?! You can't do this, I won't let you."

He stayed silent, looking down at the floor. The sun had set, and It was a peaceful night, however I felt like I had been shattered into a million pieces, just with a few words. Then a loud clap sounded, as I slapped him. He looked up, putting his free hand to his red cheek. ANSWER ME, RIN! Did you find someone else? Was I just your favourite game to play? Do you not value the moments we shared? Am I just a toy to you?"

"Let go of me, Emi." He jerked his hand away, walking off again. "We're over."

"R-Rin... Please... Don't do this..." I cried, dropping to the floor. My knees hit the ground as I felt weak. "RIN!"

He simply said nothing in return as his figure got smaller and smaller, leaving me, crying on the floor. My vision was blurry as I became weak, tears clouding my line of sight. I leaned on the tree, struggling up. I held onto the tree as I sobbed, not caring If anyone heard me. It hurt. I thought he cared for me. I thought he was better than this. I thought he loved me.

"Emi?" I heard a familiar voice behind me, making my eyes widen in shock. I quickly wiped the tears away from my red, puffy cheeks and turned around.

"What are you doing here, Sousuke?" I asked, leaning against the tree.

"I was just walking through he- Emi what happened? You look terrible," He frowned, coming closer to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks for the compliment," I chuckled dryly. "Rin decided to break up with me,"

"Wait... what?" He looked purely shocked, staring at my saddened face. "I'm so sorry,"

He took me in his embrace, and I couldn't help but start crying again. I snuggled into his shirt as I cried, hugging him tightly. "Why would he do this..."

"Shh, it's ok." He took me into his embrace and patted my head. "Come on, there is no use standing out here whilst its freezing cold."

He let go of me as I wiped my tears away with my jacket sleeve, trying to look as presentable as possible. Although I concluded, my body was shaking, my hair was messy and even if I did clean up my tears, I'd still look like trash. "Lets go back to your house."

"No, I can't," I shook my head vigorously. He gave me a questioning looks, until I responded. "I don't want Makoto to see me like this, I can't go back there yet."

"But Emi, he will be worrying about you." Sousuke frowned, looking across the street.

"No, No I don't want to." I felt tears rising again but I pushed them back down, my lips quivering. "Anywhere but there."

"Let's at least go to somewhere warm," He gently wrapped his arm around my shoulders, before I felt a kiss being planted on my forehead, just as Rin once did.

'Why did he have to leave...?'

*Rin's POV*

"Why did I leave?" I shook my head in my hands as tears streamed down my face. 'The look on her face... This was supposed to be so she didn't get hurt... so why?'

I held the letter tightly in my hands, scrunching it at each end. Frustration built up inside of me as I read the letter over and over, passing that one word. The one word that meant so much, but also sacrificed everything at the same time.

'Australia.'

"Why did I sacrifice the only thing that made me happy for this," I growled, balling my fist up. "Why am I so stupid?!"

I swung my fist towards the wall, instantly making contact with it, sending an agonising pain through my hand. It didn't matter though. I'd felt worse pain, like the pain I felt on that day.

I suddenly heard a knock on the door, making me wipe away my tears and walk up to the door. I opened it cautiously, and breathed a sigh of relief. "Matsuoka-senpai? Are you ok? I heard a bang from your room and-"

"I'm fine." I said monotonously, shutting the door, although a certain boy decided to trap his foot in the door, therefore not letting the door shut.

"But Matsuoka-senpai... you haven't come out of your room for days, are you sick? You can't stay in there forever." Nitori pleaded, peeking his head round the door.

"Aii, go back to your room." I mumbled, moving his foot away and closing the door once more, but the kid didn't seem to know the meaning of what I had just said to him moments before.

"We're not leaving until you tell us what's wrong," Another familiar voice perked up, making me even more aggravated.

"Aii, Momo, go." I slammed the door, making sure that they weren't trapping the door. I sat on my bed, looking over to the familiar picture frame. Tears began to brim again as memories flooded my mind.

'Tachibana Emi, just call me Emi- and are you Gou-chan's older brother by any chance?'

'Oh sorry, I was just thinking about your teeth'

'You know Rin, This is the first time I've ever seen you so flustered'

'You always smile around me, If you don't mind me asking, why don't you smile with the others?'

'You never told me you could speak English either!'

"Hmph, look at me remembering the first few times we met..." I formed a broken smile as the familiar droplets fell onto the letter.

"Why did I listen to him?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Welp, I'm an ass ;p

I should really update the book more often, however I really don't want to end the book but truthfully, I think the ending is coming in 2-4 chapters. I know I should update, but I really dont want to end the book :C

I was genuinely tearing up writing the last bit with the quotes from the first few chapters, like that killed my feels ; - ; Yes, the author has feelings too ; - ;

I also would write a sequel, however if I did, it would mean that I wouldnt start writing it until my last year at school had passed, which is 6-8 months time. I don't really want to put the readers through the waiting time, so I'll probably just end the book on a happy note anyway. Don't get me wrong, the book will end happily either way (I hope).

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, see you next time!~ Toxic

SNAPCHAT: rinsbitch

INSTAGRAM: DiabolikWolf