Chapter 22

Chapter 22

*Emi's POV*

Beep. Beep. Beep.

All I could hear was a steady beep, endlessly echoing into my ears. I tried to open my eyes and move, but I couldn't. Suddenly, I heard little cries. I wanted to reach out and see who it was, but I couldn't. It was like I was paralyzed.

"Please Emi, wake up," The voice was clear, a sad tone hung to their words. I tried moving, but failed helplessly.

I felt a warm pressure to my hand, as If someone was squeezing my hand.

"I don't know how long it will take, but you need to come back to me," I heard small sobs escape their lips. I felt like crying with them, but I couldn't. I couldn't do a thing.

I was hopeless.

Suddenly, I could feel my hand for a second and I squeezed back as hard as I could. Before I could even hear there reply, I fell back into darkness.

*TimeSkip*

I felt numb, but somewhat alive. I could feel my arms and legs again, and I could finally open my eyes.

I gently opened my eyes, squinting at the bright light coming through the window. I looked around, trying to figure out where I was. I was lay in a bed, with flowers by my side. My arms and legs looked as If they had grown slender. How long was I asleep for?

Then I remembered. That day when someone saved me. Wait, If they saved me, then why am I here?

On que, a nurse opened my door and gasped when they saw me.

"Dr. Woods! Emi is awake!" She shouted.

"Excuse me, but how long was I out for?" I asked cautiously.

The nurse frowned at me. " A month,"

"A month?!" I shouted, jolting up. I suddenly felt a shock of pain in my head and lay back down almost instantly.

"Your friends have been visiting everyday to see If you woke, They should be here soon," The nurse smiled.

"Thank you..." I trailed off.

"Just call me Ayaka," She said, walking towards me. "Can I just check your blood pressure?"

"Ok," I relaxed and let Ayaka do her job. A man with black hair and a white lab coat walked in and picked up something that looked like files at the bottom of my bed.

"Miss Tachibana?" He asked.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Ah good, you remember who you are," He smiled. "I'm Dr. Woods, I have been taking care of you for the past couple of weeks along with Ayaka and your friends who have been visiting,"

"Thank you," I coughed.

"Take these next days easy, you fell and knocked your head pretty bad," He sighed.

"I will," I nodded. Who saved me that day? Who got hurt? I suddenly felt like crying. What if Rin or Makoto got hurt? I couldn't bear it.

"Is Rin ok?" I blurted out.

"Yes, he is fine, he has been coming to see you everyday, Infact he left them flowers," Dr.Woods chuckled. "Young Love,"

"What about my brother?" I asked sternly. Dr Woods froze and sat down on the side of my bed. Oh no. Please Makoto, be alive.

"He is alive, but he is very unstable," Dr Woods explained. Tears ran down my cheeks. Why Makoto, why?

"I need to see him," I cried. The door opened suddenly, revealing everyone. Nagisa ran up to me and started crying instantly.

"E-Emi, You're alive," He sobbed, hugging me.

"Yeah," I smiled, patting him on the back whilst he sobbed. Did I really push them all that much that they would cry over me?

"We have all been so worried," Gou looked at me, with tears brimming over her eyes.

"Stop crying guys, I'm not dead," I wiped the tears of joy that has sprung upon me.

"Emi," Rin looked like he had not slept at all. Dark circles formed around his eyes and his cheeks were puffy and red.

"Rin," I smiled, letting my tears get the better of me. He walked over to me and suddenly our lips connected, making me feel more alive. After a few seconds, we parted.

"I've missed you," I sniffled, wiping Rins tears that were now streaming down his face.

"Don't EVER do that again, you hear?" He cried, falling into my embrace.

"I wont," I couldn't keep my tears in any longer, and started crying with him. Everyone has left to give us some alone time.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Makoto pushed you out of the way of the car, but you fell and you cracked your head on the floor, which put you in a coma," Rin frowned. The sadness in his eyes was unbearable.

"Makoto is alive, but he was also put in a coma. He has shown signs of waking up, but he hasn't yet. Doctors say he will wake up though,"

"I need to see him now," I looked at Rin.

"You can't yet, please Emi don't hurt yourself more," Rin's voice was hoarse and he looked weak.

"I'm sorry, but he is my brother, I'm the one who cUsed all of this. Makoto wouldn't be unstable if it wasn't for me," Fresh tears ran down my cheeks. Rin looked up to me a wiped them away with his thumb.

"Promise me you will not try to go and see Makoto until your head injury has been checked," Rin said.

I helplessly agreed because i couldn't even move properly.

"Who was been visiting Makoto?" I asked.

"Everyone has been switching from you to him, they are all probably with Makoto now," Rin shrugged. "Both of you didn't deserve this,"

"Everyone else didn't have to worry, So I'm sorry," I planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Mitsuko... also visited you both a few times over the past weeks." Before Rin could carry on, I could feel my fists balling up.

"Why would she destroy our family," I growled.

"Emi, calm down, you will overwork yourself, remember you only just woke up,"

"When I see her again, I swear I'll kill her," I sighed, as my eyelids got heavier and heavier.

"Rest up, you will need it," Rin kissed my forehead before I peacefully fell asleep.

----------------------------------------
A/N: FEELZ. T^T Rin's crybaby self has now come to life, though I think anyone would cry if that happened Dx

Its like 12am so i would have wrote a little more but I am just too tired and I have school tomorrow :(

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter, until next time! ~ ToxicWolf