Epilogue

Epilogue

*Emi's POV*

*Emi's POV*

"Rin! I'm going to take the kids to school now! Could you bring them down please?" I called, buttoning up my jacket and slipping my scarf around my neck hastily. Looking at the time, I began to panic as the seconds passed, until I saw the familiar shark carrying two children on his back as if he was diving down the stairs.

"I have them! Let's get in the car!" Rin whizzed out the door at lightning speed, unlocking the car at the same time. I jumped into the car as he put both kids in their seats, their glittering eyes staring at him as he did so.

"Daddy, we can do our seatbelts on our own, you know." Ayumi puffed her cheeks out, her maroon hair flowing freely. Rin continued to check their seatbelts anyway, disregarding her complaint completely.

"It's always better to check, Ayumi." Rin nodded in satisfaction as he threw himself into the driver's seat, switching on the engine and pulling out the driveway that had recently been covered in big amounts of snow that Rin, of course, had to clean up.

"Look! It's snowing Mitsuki, look over here!" Ayumi repeated herself constantly as she peered through the car window, her mouth gaping as if she had never seen snow before in her life. Her brother, however, dismissed the snow completely and sat with his scarf wrapped around his neck and hands, trying to keep warm. "Snow is too cold... I want it to be summer again..." He sniffled.

"How could you not like winter! It's the best time of year because uncle Makoto visits!" Ayumi whined, barely sitting still in her seat. Mitsuki looked at her blankly as if she was stupid, shaking his head. "Onee-chan, Uncle Makoto visits most months."

"If you keep arguing, Uncle Makoto won't show at all~" I whistled, clearing telling a blatant lie, however Ayumi and Mitsuki grew dead silent after the remark. Even if i told Makoto not to come round, he still would eventually persuade me to let him through the door to see them.

Pulling up to a small building, Rin looked at his watch and let out a quiet sigh of relief.

"We made it!" I gasped, peering at Rin's wrist: 7:58am, exactly two minutes ahead of the infamous rush to get the kids into school. It was the usual for our small, cozy family to be racing time, although I'm pretty sure it is our set routine now. I tumbled out of the passenger seat and let our children out, before walking into the gates where I let the walk themselves the rest of the way. 

"See you later mama!" Ayumi waved excitedly as she ran into school, dragging Mitsuki with her as he shyly waved too. I gave them a little wave and shouted encouragement to them. "See you later! Have a fun day!"

Letting a wave of relief wash over me, I headed back to the car where I slumped and silently wished I could go back to sleep. Rin looked over as he started the car back up, chuckling at my fatigued figure. "Worn out are we?"

"Yes, with no help from you." I retorted, cuddling up to my scarf as my hands shivered from the cold. "We could have been here 15 minutes ago If it weren't for you... keeping us in bed and not waking the kids up."

"Hey! It was worth it though, wasn't it?" He grinned, putting his hand on mine and playing with the ring that was slightly too big for my finger. After a few seconds, I slowly intertwined our fingers and smiled at him. "Of course, my husband."

*

A/N: HELLO! It's been a while. At least 3 years. Lol.

I've had a major part of this sitting in my drafts for these past years and i was itching to finish it, and I did plan to make it bigger but I wanted to get it out!! I don't know how many older readers will still be on wattpad but thank you for being patient with me ;3; 

If anyone wants a longer chapter for the Epilogue or any certain scenario, I am happy to take the idea on! Again, It took me 3 years to finish this but I will try my best to make it happen ;u; 

THANK YOU FOR READING AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY!! LOVE PANA XO