Chapter 40

Chapter 40

*Rin's POV*

~A Week Before~

"How can I do this..." I looked at the letter in front of me that read my future. I thought this was what I wanted. I thought nothing would stop me from making this decision. Nothing goes to plan though, right?

The letter read the exact words I wanted to hear. Being scouted was all I wanted at first, but now I want more. I want a future, but I want to spend it with Emi. I wanted nothing to get in the way of that, and I thought nothing would get in the way, however my greed somehow got the better of me.

"Hey, Rin, I bought- are you ok dude?" Sousuke came through the door with two cans and concern written all over his face. I shook my head, slipping the letter into my pocket quickly. "Here."

"It's nothing." I chuckled, catching the can that Sousuke had thrown. I popped the top open, gulping the contents down quickly.

"How do you even drink that fast? Something must be up." He frowned, as I began to cough. Quickly, I took the letter out of my pocket and slipped it into my drawer as swiftly as I could. "Hmm, whats that letter?"

'Shit.' I cursed mentally as he walked towards me, looking in the drawer. I stood in front of it without any thought and grinned at him. "Honestly, It's nothing, lets go to practice."

"I'm not going to practice until you show me that letter, and even If you don't show me, I'll get it myself." He said monotonously, grabbing the corner of the letter than was peeking out, slipping it out in one swift movement.

"Give it back you ass," I tried reaching for the letter, however I was too small, which was pretty unusual for me.

"Rin, you have been scouted?!" He shouted, looking shocked. "and it's based in Australia?!"

"Shh!" I punched him lightly, as he suddenly stopped, his eyes widening for a split second until he began to chuckle.

"This is so great! Why aren't you telling anyone?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I have my reasons." I grumbled, snatching the letter away from him.

"Come on, you can't waste this chance." He frowned, looking out of the window. "This is your big chance! Your life practically depends on your choice."

"Don't you think I know that already?" I sighed, scratching my head in annoyance. 'Why does he always want to get into everything!'

"You're worried about Emi, aren't you." He questioned me, shaking his head. I stayed silent, looking down at the floor as he folded his arms. "You can't let her get in the way of your life choices, Rin. Some things you have to let go."

"You wouldn't understand, so why do you talk like you do?" I gritted my teeth, holding back tears.

"Trust me, Rin. Would she really want you to give up your dream for her?" His saddened face struck me.

"What should I tell her? I don't want to hurt her," I continued to look down, my voice cracking ever so slightly.

"Cut it off before you hurt her even more," He glanced out of the window, grabbing his bag for practice. "She can live her life happily without a long term relationship,I mean you may even loose contact."

"She wouldn't do that!" I growled. He stepped back as he saw my angered yet saddened face. "Emi... Wouldn't do that..."

"Do you really want to go through with it? I'm not stopping you, but you need to consider her feelings as well."

"She wouldn't..." I repeated, looking at a picture frame.

'Why did I have to decide this? Why can't I just get the courage to just tell her? Maybe I should just tell her.' I thought, hearing the door slam shut. Sousuke had already left for practice now, which left me in the room.

I walked over to the desk where Sousuke had left the letter, and sighed in aggravation. 'I'll just be hurting her, leaving her. Maybe what Sousuke said was right...'

"She can find someone new, live happily with them, have children... Without me disrupting it..." Tears began to run down my face as I grabbed the frame and looked at the picture of us. Together.

"Emi... I'm so sorry..."

*Emi's POV*
~Present time~ 

A week. A whole damn week. No texts, no calls, no nothing. I felt so depressed and lonely, why would he do this? I have so much to ask, yet I just can't bring myself to ask. What if the answers are not what I wanted?

"Emi, come out of your room." I could hear Makoto call from the other side of the door. I quickly lay down in bed, pretending to be asleep. 'I just want to be alone...'

"I know you aren't sleeping, you have been doing this for the past week." He sighed, opening the door slowly. I could hear his footsteps coming nearer, until I felt him sit beside me. Refusing to get up, I snuggled into my bedsheets whilst clenching my eyes shut. "Please, just come and eat something. Don't do this to yourself."

"You don't understand..." I sniffled, tears brimming my eyes. He began to stroke my head, leaning back on the bed. 

"Mitsuko broke up with me a few weeks ago," He replied, making me tense up. How could I forget? Why could I be so selfish? 

"I'm sorry," I quickly raised up, hugging him tightly whilst tears ran down my red cheeks. 

"I know it's hard Emi, It really is," He embraced me, still stroking my head. "But some things have to be let go, right? Don't worry, I'll always be here."

"You're always so selfless, it's crazy." I chuckled, looking up at him. He had a smile on his face, but I saw a little tear run down his face too. "Makoto... please don't cry, I promise I'll stop."

"W-What? I'm crying?" He asked, wiping his tear away with his hand. "I didn't realise..."

"Come on, lets go downstairs and forget about the past," I smiled, grabbing his hand as we walked out of my room. 

We will always be by each others side, for eternity. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey! Long time no see~

Birmingham Comic Con is in a week and I am going ^U^ It's going to be lots of fun, so If you're going then say so!

I don't know If any of you are interested in my music playlist on youtube, but I'll put the link in the comments anyway xD or it was at least what I was listening to whilst writing this ; - ;

My feels hurt from writing this, like I can't handle the feels ; - ; 

I always have things to say in Authors Notes, but I can never remember when I get to writing them OnO 

Oh well, I'll see you next time! ~ Toxic

SNAPCHAT: rinsbitch

INSTAGRAM: DiabolikWolf