Chapter 24

Chapter 24

*Emi's POV*

Without thinking, I lept up, ignoring the pain in my back and legs.

"I need to see him now!" I cried out in pain as I tried to walk to the door. Rin suddenly scooped me up off my feet, making the pain stop.

"You know you shouldn't be standing, let alone walking," He looked at me sternly.

"Please... just take me to Makoto," I pleaded. He sighed and put me back into the wheelchair. We both were escorted by the nurse towards Makoto's room.

We came to a stop outside a door. The nurse gave us a nod, before walking through the door. We both walked in and I felt guiltiness drown me. Makoto was lay helplessly on the hospital bed with countless tubes and wires in him. As it had been over a month, his scratches and cuts were fading, but they were still recognisable.

"Emi?" He slowly reached out his hand.Rin wheeled me over to his bed quickly.

"Baka...," I held my tears in. Makoto just chuckled and closed his eyes.

"Why did you save me? You could have been killed!" I shouted.

"You could have too," He raised his eyebrow at me.

"B-but..." I lowered my head trying not to let the tears fall.

"Hey, atleast we are both alive, right?" He smiled at me whilst half hugging me.

"You never fail to be optimistic, do you?" I let one tear slide down my face.

"There is no reason not to be," He leaned forward and wiped my tear away with his finger. 

"Wait, how come you are in a wheelchair? I thought that I got hit..." He trailed off, inspecting the bandage on my head and the cast on my leg. 

"I fractured my ankle and my head hit the floor when I fell," I frowned. "You should be worrying about yourself!"

"I'll be fine," He smiled. "Apart from the broken arm and shattered ribs,"

"Lie back down then!" He did as I said and lay back down. He had a sling around his arm and he had shattered his ribs, yet he still didn't fail to make me smile. 

"Don't ever worry me again like that," I got up and quickly sat on his bed with him, avoiding hurting myself even more. Rin was in the corner of the room smiling at the two of us.

"Welcome back to reality, Makoto," Rin chuckled. "Its not like you have been in a coma for nearly 2 months,"

"We can sort our problems out after we get out of hospital, ok?" He looked at them both and they nodded. 

"Wait... Isn't it nearly christmas If its been nearly two months?" Makoto raised his eyebrow questioningly. 

"Oh yeah... What date is it today,Rin?" I asked.

"Its 2nd December," He grinned. "You both woke up just in time,"

"Hopefully we will be out of the hospital for christmas, I know exactly what to get you all," I smirked. 

"Its not like I haven't got your presents yet, I'm all ready," Rin winked. 

"If you're out of hospital before me, Emi, I'll have to send you on a shopping spree for me," Makoto laughed. 

"Who said I'd agree?" I replied, folding my arms. 

"Please?" He batted his eyelashes at me and gave me his puppy face. Before I could answer, there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," Makoto shouted. Me and Makoto stopped talking as the door opened. 

I gasped and clenched my fists. "Why are you here?"

"Can you just hear me out," Mitsuko appeared in the doorway. Rin walked over to me and made sure I didn't jump off the bed. 

"I don't want to hear it," I growled. 

"But-,"

"NO! Have you seen what you have done?" I shouted, making her flinch. "You put me in hospital, which is bad enough, but my brother? He didn't do anything to you! HE DIDN'T DESERVE THIS!"

Unexpectedly, a tear rolled down her cheek."I see. I'll be going now, however I am truely sorry for what has happened,"

"Wait," Makoto called to her. I looked at Makoto like he was mad."You said you had something to say? I'm listening,"

She looked shocked, but then her mouth turned into a smile. "I didn't mean for this to happen, really. At first, I couldn't get over Rin. The day we broke up, I felt like a part of me was lost. He moved to Austrailia, but then this year I found out he was back, and I had another chance. Then I saw Emi with him and laughing, All of my sadness just turned into Jealousy and anger," She frowned, whilst tears made their way down her pale face. 

"The day I slapped you, I wasn't thinking straight, Hell, I haven't been thinking straight for the past couple of months. Anyway At first, I saw you as a way of revenge, Makoto. But, As the weeks progressed, I realised that...," She trailed off. "I truely like you, Makoto. I really do, and I was happy that I had finally found someone, but then that day... I-I was going to apologise for everything, and tell you the truth but...!" She broke out into tears. 

"I forgive you," Makoto smiled. She looked up instantly, with tears streaming down her face. 

"Makoto..." She sniffled, wiping her tears away with her jumper."I- I'm so sorry!" 

"Emi, I know that you will never forgive me, but please know that I will never betray you, Rin or Makoto ever again!"

I sighed and looked at Makoto and then at Mitsuko. "I will forgive you for hurting me, but you will have to work hard for me to forgive you hurting my brother,"

"T-Thank you," She bowed. "I'll be leaving now, I have caused too much, see you both at school,"

"Bye," We both said in sync. She left the room and the tension in the air disappeared. 

"So, Do you still like her after what she has done?" I asked Makoto. 

"I don't know anymore. I wish she would have just told me the truth, but deep down I think I still like her," He frowned. 

"Whatever makes my brother happy," I smiled. 

"You two are both way too nice," Rin huffed. 

"You're nice, just grumpy all the time," I reached up and pulled on his cheek. He just swatted my hand away and folded his arms. 

"I'm not grumpy all the time," He frowned. 

"What about now? I don't see you smiling," I chuckled, pulling his face into a big smile. 

"Stooooop," He said, however it came out as a mumble. 

"I'm glad everything is ok now," I smiled.

"Yeah, I think It is," Makoto grinned at me. I suddenly became tired and rested my head on Makoto's shoulder. 

"Go to sleep," Makoto kissed my forehead and put his uninjured arm around my neck, embracing me into a warm hug. I responded with a nod, and then I closed my eyes and let myself fall into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ok, This took me way too long to write xD I'm still not happy with Mitsuko >:( I mean, at least everyone is ok, right?

The holidays have finally started! No school ^o^ I hope you all have a good holiday :) 

I think that is it for me, I'll see you next time! ~ToxicWolf