Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Emi's POV

December had gone by so fast. It was now January,which meant that it was a new year. Outside, It began to snow heavily and kids were playing outside. Me and Makoto were inside today, having a sibling sort of day. We were sad that Ren and Ran couldn't join us, but they were both with their school friends, out in the snow.

Makoto had finally got his cast off, and he was now fine apart from the odd headache once in a while. We both sat on the sofa, playing COD Advanced Warfare. Makoto didn't like these sorts of games, however I dragged him onto the xbox, because I wanted him to play it with me.

"How do you even like these games, Emi, they're so violent!" He whined, pointing at the screen. At that moment, someone jumped out at me and shot me in the face, making us both squeal.

"You can take your anger out on it, watch," I grinned. I jumped around a corner and shot 2 guys.

"Wow, you're good at it though," He stared at the screen, watching me play. To be truthful, I didn't really play it that often, however I felt confused and angry. The night at the party was still on my mind, even If I tried to forget about it.

"Sousuke must have been drunk, right? I can't be mad at him," I thought to myself, sighing. Suddenly, the house phone rang.

"I'll get it," Makoto leaped up and grabbed the phone. "Hello?"

As I listened to the conversation, his smile got bigger. I wondered why he was smiling, until he put the phone down.

"Who was that?" I asked, still concerntrating on the game.

"It was Mum and Dad. They're coming over today!" He grinned, running up behind me. I instantly put the controller down and turned around to him.

"Finally! We haven't saw them in- what? 3 months?!" I asked, still shocked. He nodded and looked like he was deep in thought.

"We should start dinner now then, Also, Invite Rin round! They heard that you had a boyfriend and they want to meet him," Makoto winked.

"O-ok, I'll text him," I stuttered, turning off the xbox. I lept up and ran upstairs to get my phone. I decided to call him, since this was important.

I clicked his name and started calling. The usual beeping lasted for a few seconds until I heard a click.

"Hello?" I heard him from the other end of the phone. I breathed in relief that he actually picked up the phone.

"Hi Rin," I smiled.

"Hey Emi, What do you need?" He asked.

"Well, are you free?" I replied nervously.

"Well, I will be in a few minutes, I just finished practice," I felt even more relieved. Thank god he was at least going to make a good impression.

"Ok, Well my parents are coming back from a business trip, and they would like to meet you," I asked, feelign my cheeks go red.

"Sure, I'll come over soon," He replied straight away. I breathed a sigh of relief as I heard a chuckle from down the line. "Is someone nervous? I think I should be the nervous one,"

"Sorry, I'm just so relieved," I laughed. "Anyway, I'll see you tonight then,"

"Ok, see you," He hung up. I grinned and went back downstairs to see Makoto trying to cut vegetables helplessly.

"Do you need any help there?" I walked over to the counter and inspected the food.

"Yeah, could you carry on cutting the vegetables whilst I prepare the meat?" I nodded obediently and grabbed my apron. I washed my hands and then took the knife from Makoto. I began slicing the vegetables.