Chapter 29

Chapter 29

*Emi's POV*

"What?!" Nagisa looked at me with wide eyes. Rei was also looking at me with his mouth forming an o. Haru simply shrugged and carried on eating his Mackerel like normal.

Me, Makoto, Nagisa, Rei and Haru were sat on the roof of the school, eating lunch per usual. Makoto insisted I told them about the new job I had as a journalist and somehow he reassured me that telling them would be fine. As soon as the words escaped my mouth, I felt a sick feeling because of their reaction. I was already nervous, but now I didn't know what to think.

"Thats amazing, Emi!" Nagisa engulfed me in an unexpected hug. The sick feeling suddenly turned to relief and I sighed.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Can you include us? Pleasee?" He gave me puppy eyes, which I painfully refused.

"Sorry, Nagisa, but its not a swimmers magazine," I laughed.

"I'd be real cute in a dress, don't you think?" As he said that, Kiyo opened the door angrily and glared at me.

"Emi Tachibana," I could feel the dark vibes she was emitting, which made me want to jump off the roof and run away as far as I could.

"K-Kiyo?" I stuttered and laughed helplessly. She stomped towards me and grabbed my hand."Let go!"

"How come you didn't tell me about your job before everyone else?" She was still giving me an eye crushing glare.

"I'm sorry!" I whimpered as she gripped my wrist harder.

"You better be sorry! My baby is growing up and she isn't even telling me these things?!" She let go of my wrist and returned to her usual self.

"I'm not your baby! I'm older than you," I huffed. I heard the guys all chuckling, I even saw Haru smiling from the corner of my eye.

"Whatever, I'm hungry!" She pulled out a big packet of skittles and ripped the top.

"Kiyo, why are you eating them for lunch? If you don't change your sugary diet, you could get sick, like its proven that-" Rei was cut off.

"No one will take my precious sweet goods away from me!" She hugged the packet and carried on eating as she pleased. I chuckled at Rei's attempt to stop her eating sweet things, but taking the smart route about it was a mistake.

"You could get a cavity, or even have teeth taken out, which includes needles." I smirked. She once had to have a needle for a vaccination and she hated them with a passion. I saw her face turn from smiling to frowning.

"B-but I don't want a needle!" She cried. Nagisa sat by her and comforted her. I automatically started fangirling in my head.

"I'm sure you can eat something that isn't sugary for lunch, right? Gou and Emi made me stop eating sugary stuff, too. I also had a cavity before too, which made me never want to eat sweets again," He shivered, whilst he held her hand. "Here! Have some of my sandwich, It's nice!"

He handed a slice of his sandwich to Kiyo, which she took and ate quickly. Her eyes suddenly lit up and she hugged Nagisa tightly. "Thank you!"

He returned the hug and grinned widely. I gave him a thumbs up whilst smirking, that he rolled his eyes to.

"Anyway, Emi, what are you thinking of doing your first article about?" Rei smiled.

"Oh I don't know, but Hikaru will phone me when he needs me to write it," I shrugged.