Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*Emi's POV*

I felt something heavy around me as I woke up, so I jumped up immediately. Fortunately, It was only Rin asleep on my shoulder. I chuckled as he stirred.

"Morning," I teased. He groaned and rolled his eyes at me. 

"I should be the one waking you up," He sighed, adjusting himself so he was off me. 

"I was asleep for a month, I think thats definitely my job now," I winked.  Rins phone started ringing and he got up

"I'll be back in a few minutes," He kissed the top of my forehead and walked out of the room.

"What am I going to do for the next couple of weeks," I sighed to myself. I was guessing that my leg was broken due to the big cast on it, and my head was extremely painful. 

The door creaked open to reveal Dr Woods. He smiled at me and put a folder onto the desk infront of my bed. 

"Hello Miss Tachibana, how are you doing today?" He asked. 

"I feel fine for now, My head and leg hurts but apart from that I feel ok," I replied, picking up a cup from the sidetable and drinking some of the water. My throat felt sore and dry, probably from not drinking for a whole month. Although, I now looked a lot brighter from the pale state I woke up in. 

"Ok thats very good," He scribbled down some notes and pushed his glasses up."I guess you are wondering what injuries you have, yes?"

"Yeah," I scratched the back of my neck.

"Well, X-Rays showed that you have fractured your ankle in multiple places, which means you will be in that cast for a few weeks. Also, you damaged your skull when it hit the ground, which is why your head hurts. Luckily, you didn't do any extensive damage to your brain," He explained. I nodded, relieved that I didn't do anything else.

"When will I be able to go home?" I asked. 

"Very soon I presume, however before that happens we need to help you back into standing, walking and any other daily activities as you haven't used your legs in over a month," He assured me."I doubt you will be in there long, Rehabilitation is normally for patients that have been in long comas, such as six months. This is just a precaution,"

"Ok, Thank you," I smiled. Rin came into the room, smiling happily at his phone. 

"Is she ok?" He questioned. 

"Yes, she is fine," Dr Woods smiled."I'll be back later. Miss Tachibana, If you would like to go to the cafe, I will allow you and Mr Matsuoka to go there on two conditions. You shall use the wheelchair over there," He pointed to a wheelchair that was in the corner of the room. "And you will both be back up here by 12am,"

"Ok, Thank you doctor," Rin nodded as the doctor left the room. 

"Ok, wanna go down to the cafe now? You must be starving," Rin set the wheelchair up. 

"You will never know how it feels to not eat for a month," I laughed. He chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully at me, before finishing setting up the wheelchair. I sat up and tried to get up, but it was harder than I expected. My feet touched the floor, but my knees failed on me and I fell into Rin's arms.

"Didn't the doctor say that you won't be able to stand properly yet? Plus you have injured your ankle," He shook his head at me. 

"It was worth a try," I felt so sluggish just stuck in a bed all day. Especially when there is a cast on your leg weighing you down entirely. Rin slowly lowered me into the wheelchair and I gave him a big grin. 

"I missed these moments," He laughed lightly, ruffling my hair. 

"I would have killed you for doing that but its not like my hair was in a great state anyway," I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You would have killed me? I'd like to see you try," He teased. 

"There are many ways you can kill a shark," I smirked. We both walked (and wheeled) down the hallway until we came to an elevator.

"You should be glad I'm unoffended by anything you say," He muttered, looking to the side, clearly showing his pink cheeks. 

"You are so cute," I reached up and pinched his cheek. He looked at me as If I was mad.

"Cute?" He raised his eyebrow. 

"Cute," I winked back at him. 

"Cute doesn't really match up with shark now, does it?" He said in a duh- tone. 

"Sure it does! Atleast for you," I giggled. We both came out of the elevator and were right infront of the cafe. 

Rin wheeled me over to a table and pulled a chair over. "What do you want to eat?"

"Just an Omlette,Please," I grinned. He nodded and went up to the counter. I sighed and looked out the window. My eyes widened as I stared at the white flakes drifted across the window. I sat in awe, and didn't realise Rin was back. 

"You have never seen snow before?" He looked at me shocked. 

"N-no," I stuttered, hiding my pink cheeks. 

"One day, I'll take you outside when its snowing and show you how much fun you have missed out on," He showed his shark-like teeth, whilst placing the omlette and his coffee on the table. 

"Thanks," I started eating and it felt like I had just experienced my life goal. Eating food after you haven't for a month is so good. After my first bite, the rest was gone in mere seconds. 

"You enjoyed that?" He laughed, wiping my nose of the sauce that I had got on me.

"Like I said, you try fasting for a month," I stuck my tounge out at him. 

"Anyway, we still have an hour, and I have an idea," He smirked whilst wheeling me out of the cafe. 

"I'll be one second," Before I could protest, he had ran round a corner. I couldn't do anything, so I just waited for him to come back. He returned in seconds with a blanket, and draped it over me. 

"Wrap yourself up, Munchkin," He started wheeling me somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"You will see," He grinned. We finally got to the door, and he took me outside. Snowflakes started falling on us, and before we both knew it, we were covered in snow. 

"Thank you, Rin," I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down, and then locked our lips together. The kiss made me warm inside, even though we were covered in frost and ice. 

"I'm never going to get tired of this," He smiled, as we walked back inside. It was near 12, so we went back up to my room. 

"You need help getting back into bed?" Rin asked. 

"No, I'm-," Before I could get back into the bed, a nurse burst through the door. 

"Miss Tachibana! I have good news!" She cheered.

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Mr Makoto Tachibana is awake and he requests to see you!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The hospital mood atm is very happy ^_^ For once I didn't feel bad about writing this lel. 

Makoto is finally awake! ;D Hopefully he is ok ;-;

Until next time! ~ ToxicWolf