Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Emi's POV

I now discovered that even if it is homeroom, We all had a one off project to do, which consisted of presenting what you aspire to be when you are grown up. Being me- I really don't think about it too often. Its hurts my brain just thinking about it at the slightest.

The only free seat was next to Haru and Makoto, which is nice; however at the same time I don't always want to be intruding in their "boy talk" shall we say. Although, they didn't seem to imply that they minded that I sat in between them.

I had my first lessons, which were Math, Literature, and Art. My favorite was Art, for sure. The teacher is so kind and she let us paint whatever we wanted. I also met with Kou, and surprisingly she remembered me from all that long time ago.

Flashback

I was sitting on the poolside, watching Makoto swim. His specialty was Backstroke, but my favorite was breaststroke. Mommy says that I shouldn't swim though and I should focus on my studies more. I always get through to her though, which is the good thing about having a kind-hearted mom. 

"Hi!" A girl with long red-ish hair smiled at me."I'm Gou, but call me Kou. Gou is a boy name." She scrunched her face put when she said that.

"Hey, I'm Emi." I replied, putting my hair behind my ear.

"So, what brings you here?" She asked, placing her hands on the bar in front of us.

"I'm watching my brother swim, he is the one in green and black swim shorts," I giggled, pointing to him."What about you?"

"Oh, I'm here because of my brother too!" She gasped excitedly. He is the one with hair like mine!"

"You both look alike." I saw the resemblance between them both.

"Likewise," She grinned, pointing to me and Makoto."Hey, what school do you go to?" She looked at me puzzled.

"I go to a private school," I frowned. "You?"

"I go to Iwatobi Elementary school!" She acted in a "duh" tone."We should be friends, do you come here often?"

"Yeah we should, and yeah I come here every week to see my brother swim." I grinned back. Even though I had friends at my school, It still felt as if I had just made a true friend. 

After that moment, We spent countless hours together and acted like best friends, that was until my mum decided to make a go to a boarding school, and I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Flashback End

It was free period now, so me and Kou decided to go up to the roof and eat our lunches. She said it was a really nice view, after all.

"Hey Kou?" I asked, opening my lunch.

"Hm?" She replied, taking a bite out of hers.

"Your brother, Rin, Why doesn't he come to Iwatobi?" I asked confused.

"Well, He specializes in swimming so it was best that he went to Samezuka because of there swimming club and he is used to boarding at places I guess."

"Wow." Was all I could say.

"I know, I would have thought he would have come here and met up with your brother and his old friends, but I guess he didn't think about it." She shrugged.