27

POV: HARRY STYLES

"I'm having a panic attack." Baylin threw her hands over her heart.

I glance at her for a second before peering my eyes back to the road. "No you're not."

"How would you know?" She questions. "You don't know how I feel."

"Okay, you're right. So you are having a panic attack." I say calmly.

I know she was baiting, obviously she was fine. I know what it looks like when she's in the high of a panic attack— right now she was just high.

"So do something about it." She said turning in her seat to face me in the drivers seat.

When we got to a red light seconds later, I very quickly removed my hands from the steering wheel and grabbed both sides of her head— smacking a harsh and deep kiss right on her tasteful lips.

We pulled apart after I saw the red tint of the traffic light flick to green, then pushed on the gas to drive forward.

"There, no more panic attack."

"Thank you." She said with a grin teasing through her lips.

I knew that's all she wanted.

High Baylin was bold.

It still felt odd to casually kiss her like that, I've only done it one or maybe two other times. I doubt she'll remember any of this night anyway, with the amount of narcotics in her system she'll be lucky is she even remembers her name after this.

I don't think the edible kicked in until we got into the car. Back at the party, when she started to 'feel things'— I'm pretty sure that was all in her head, maybe mixed with a bit of alcohol.

After a couple minutes in the car she calmed down quite a bit. Most of the dive she was quiet but she seemed to just be taking in her high— her head swaying slowly to the rhythm of the car sounds. Her hooded eyes weren't focusing on anything in particular and at some point she pointed out a tree that she said looked like a puppy. It was cute— the way she tried to explain how the leaves resemble ears, or how the uneven the trunk looked like a bum.

When we arrived at her house, I could see that all the lights were off nor was there any cars in the dive way or by the curb— meaning no one was here. If I remember correctly, Liam and Louis said they would stay.

"You got it, come on." I encourage as I help Baylin out of the passenger seat of my car.

"Carry me." She said in pout once she stood up from the seat.

"You can walk, love." I chuckle.

"I'm not wearing shoes." She murmurs.

I glance down at her feet to see her bearfoot— only in a pair of short black socks. I chuckle again. "Why'd you take them off?"

"They were bothering me." She says short. "Just carry me."

She threw her arms up for me, but instead I took one and wrapped it around my shoulders so she could support herself and let the other fall down to her side. I snaked my arm around her waist— just in case she lost her balance.