37

TW: suicidal/harmful themes??

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

It's been almost a two week since I had walked into my living room and witnessed the corpse of my mother.

I'm still staying at Harry's apartment, he's been so good about all this. I can't imagine how much of a burden I must be, I would never want to make his life harder.

He assures me that I'm not a problem, especially since I've spent most my days in bed anyway. Curled up in my own mind and as if the blankets are shielding me from the harsh reality that i'm living.

Last week was the hardest, it difficult to do simple things, finding it hard to even just pull myself out of bed to just use the restroom.

Everytime I stand my head feels woozy and my vision spins, I get dizzy and end up just getting back to bed. Though I haven't been getting much sleep, the minuet I shut my eyes I see my mother— not so much the picture of her displayed on my couch and rather more of the good times we use to have when I was a little girl. Which had been preventing me from any kind of sleep longer than a couple minutes.

I'd almost rather see the image of her body, instead I'm being tortured with all the good memories she gave me. Saddened by the fact that after my dad left everything changed, and now I'll never be able to fix that bond with her.

Still no sign of Maya either. Alice is doing the best of her ability to find anything that would bring them closer to locate where she might be, nothing yet other than the letters.

They've brought all four of the letters into testing, finding nothing more than a couple different fingerprints— all being matched to one of us and none out of the ordinary.

Alice assured me she would find the people who did this. I admire her determination for her job, it's clear she takes it very serious. Though I think she's putting just a tad bit more work on herself than she normally would being that because I know Harry, I can't imagine how much pressure she must be undergoing.

I also haven't gone to school since the friday before my birthday either, not wanting to face the sorrow from my peers nor that stupid fucking rumor. I also don't think I would be able to pull myself out of bed that long without breaking down.

The only bright side about all this is that I'm almost positive that rumor about Harry, Niall and I has blown over. Somehow the information about what happened to my mother got back to the school. I've been getting countless of texts from kids, that I barely even know, pretending to care and telling me how sorry they are I had to go through that.

My phone blows up on the daily with new texts— I don't even have the strength to read, let alone answer any of them. So the notifications just sit there as a reminder, dreading the day I will at some point have to get back to school and have all those people telling me that bullshit to my face.

None of them knew my mother— hell not even a handful of them knew me and I keep my group small for a reason.

I stay at the apartment while Harry is at school, Harry was scared to even let me stay alone and told me he could stay home with me while I'm 'recovering'. But he shouldn't have to leave school just because of me— that's exactly what I meant when I said I was a burden.

Zayn and Liam come over almost everyday during their lunch break, the few day's they don't it's Louis and Harry who come. They always make sure I have at least some company during the day, which I'm glad for since if I was by myself all day I think I'd go crazy. I'm sure they have some kind of schedule for who comes over when, but I haven't been able to put too much thought into it.