03

As he drove, I found myself staring at his hands. I never noticed how many rings he wore. They covered each finger on his left hand, other than his thumb. I also noticed he had a cross tattoo right above his thumb. I then shifted my eyes to his right hand, it was resting on the gear shift. Only two rings on that hand. His two middle fingers were bare. I wondered to myself why.

Once we got to a red light he began to take off his hoodie, causing me to notice how warm it was starting to get in the car.

I looked across his toned arms. They were covered in tattoos. I had never noticed them before. His left arm was more inked than his right.

"Do you like them?" His voice causing me to jump a little as he acknowledged that I had been looking at his tattoo.

"What? Oh yeah they're so cool." I utter in amusement as I leaned my body forward to get a better view of his left arm.

"Sorry I didn't mean to stare, I just never see kids your age with many tattoos like that." I murmur. 

"I don't mind you staring." He answered back without his eyes leaving the road.

I didn't know how to answer him, so I stayed quiet. I checked to see if my phone had turned on yet to give me something to do before the silence became awkward. All I saw was my reflection in the dead black screen. My hair looked awful in pony tales. It made my head look so round like a balloon. I would have gotten up earlier if I had knew I was going to be in a car this close to a cute boy.

I took off the hair tie that was holding up my hair, in hopes it would make me look better. I used my hand to try to flatten down some of the bumps on my curly hair. Harry looked over at me and I followed his eyes as they scanned my hair.

"Is your hair naturally that curly?" He asked moving his eyes back up to the road.

"Yeah unfortunately, I usually straighten it but I woke up late today." Still frying to fluff down my hair.

"You don't like it?" He says in surprise.

"Not really it gets in the way a lot, that's why I straighten it." I chuckle.

"Well I haven't seen you with straight hair, but curly defiantly suits you." He cocked his head in my direction without looking at me. I felt blood start to rush to my cheeks as I smiled.

I wasn't totally sure if he was telling the truth, or if he was saying that to make me feel better. Everyone always told me my natural hair looked better, but I refuse to listen to them.

"Thank you but I beg to differ. Oh make a right on that street." I point to a close upcoming street before he made a smooth right turn.

We weren't far from my house now. I lived very close to our school, I could have just walked if it wasn't freezing outside. My phone screen then lit up, I waited for the white screen to go away. Then I texted Liam. As I did, I gave harry the last couple of directions to my house.

Me Hey I got out of class early and got a ride home. Don't wait up for me.

Liam Ok, who drove you?

Me No one, just a friend.

Liam You have friends?

Me Shut up, bully.

I smiled at his joke. He loved to tease me like that.

 Before I knew it we were on my street. I was quite sad that our trip was coming to and end.

"It's the light blue house with the big tree." I opened my bag to search for my house key. He pulled into my empty driveway to the left of my house. While I was still searching for my key he put the car in park. My bag seemed huge at this moment, I felt like I looked everywhere for it.