Chapter 115

"Vere, where are you going???" Ai looked up to Vere who had been with her since her childhood years.

"Princess Ai, I have to inform a few soldiers about some matters. Shouldn't you be about ready to sleep for the night? It's getting late after all." Vere could only see her mask that concealed her face. He had never seen what Aiken or Ai looked like under the mask due to the curse that resided within the two since they were twins.

"Ummm... well..." Ai was at a loss for words when Vere looked to see that she was holding something behind her since her hands were also behind her.

"Do you have something that you wish to give me?" Vere looked to Ai who nodded, he could not see it, but he knew very clearly that she was blushing under her mask. There was no way of seeing it, but he felt deep down in his heart that she was blushing. Ever since he first met her, he felt as though he would always be able to read her without even thinking about it.

"I wanted to give you this as our birthday present! You've been so busy, and I had no chance to meet you! You're here now, so I'll see you around!" Ai handed the present off, running off after giving him the present.

Vere watched Ai's figure leave, he turned to look at the present that she gave him which he had forgotten that today was his birthday. Opening it, he saw taro-filled bread which he smiled, taking a bite out of one. Recalling that his favorite fruit or flavor was indeed taro, it had been too long since he last had such a gift. "Thank you, Princess Ai." He whispered when there was no one there to hear him nor see his satisfied look.

***

Mila couldn't find anything, but she felt a bit sad when she found ZH with another woman in the town of Zameth kingdom. She had stopped her search, feeling as though her determined feelings to find the Mana Hunter was not at their highest. She had fallen asleep soon after, but Kate wanted to tell ZH about it, and so she waited outside of the bedroom door for him to show up. Kate didn't see what happened, but she could feel the painful feeling of betrayal in herself from Mila. Knowing deep down that the situation could not have been what it appeared like.

[Mama, I won't let you and papa be separated by something so little.] Kate said, sitting down patiently hoping that ZH would arrive soon. Being able to ask him about what he could have encountered or come across that day. Skye and Vivian had fallen asleep near Mila's bedside not even knowing what Kate was planning on doing that night.

"Kate???" She heard the same voice and looked up to see that ZH was home from his long day of duties.

[Papa!!!] She ran rubbing against him with her tail wrapping around his gently since she was too big to be carried now. [Papa, today mama saw you and she became sad. I did not get to see what she saw, but she was sad.] She said out, hurrying along to the main point of why she stayed awake just for him to arrive.

"Sad? What did she see me do?" ZH made sure that they were a good distance away from his bedroom where Mila was sleeping. Walking a bit further away from the bedroom, he knelt to look at Kate who nodded and whimpered slightly.

[I don't know. She said your name and then she stopped and became silent after. I don't know what you did, but you need to be sure to talk it out with mama. Don't let mama continue to be sad about it or else I won't forgive papa!] Kate stared at ZH hoping that he could resolve it rather than run away from it.

'So, my thoughts were accurate. She went out to have a look around.' ZH should've known that nothing could keep Mila from going out to see what she can do. 'She likely stumbled upon me with that woman and misunderstood the whole situation.' He held his head and sighed, seeing how Mila had the wrong thought about him. "I'll talk to her about it so don't worry. Thank you for telling me, Kate." ZH was quite thankful to Kate for telling him. If she didn't then he would've never found the reason for her being upset and distant in the morning when they met for breakfast.