Chapter 180

Hersilia was sitting in her crib now. She was finally able to move a bit more, with her body slowly developing the muscles she needed to crawl around. She flipped herself over to lay on her belly, looking around to see that she was no longer on her back as she laughed at her achievement.

[Isn't she just precious?] Skye said, looking down at Hersilia, who was now staring at the three beasts that had entered her room unknowingly.

[She truly is. It reminds me very much of Mila when she was just an infant like this.] Vivian recalled when they met Mila when she was just an infant.

[My little sister is so adorable!!!!] Kate said, looking at Hersilia with her tail wagging behind her. [I wonder if they will give me a little brother this time?] She said. Then, she looked at her two companions, who gave her a look. [Did I say something wrong again?]

[That's a very odd thing to say, but alright. We will be guarding this little one and keeping her company since she is our master's child, and I can sense very strong mana in her as well, just like you said, Kate. It surpasses both of her parents and even the last Messenger of Beasts.] Skye told Vivian and Kate, who were quite shocked to find that Hersilia was stronger than any past and present figure they knew.

Hersilia and Kate then looked at one another, hugging her right at the center of her head this time. [Hey!! I'm not something to play with!] Kate felt Hersilia pull her ears, which made her whimper from the pain. [My poor ears.] Kate could do nothing but let Hersilia continue to tug at her ears.

[Now you know how it is to be a big sister.] Skye said.

[Hahaha!!!] Both Skye and Vivian looked at each other and then laughed, seeing how Kate finally got a taste of her own medicine. They couldn't handle or manage her well enough with her childish behavior, and now that she was a big sister then, she would have to deal with the young ones.

[Mama, come get your daughters.] Kate cried inside to see how things were already coming back to bite her.

***

Once Kate had enough, she left the little infant with the other two, who could easily calm her down to take a nap for the day. 'Those two are lucky they did not need to kill her energy.' Kate grumbled in her head, seeing how they could both get the easy part of the job. Walking around the Zameth palace, it had been quite some time since she had time for herself to enjoy. She stopped once she came across a familiar scent that made her turn in the direction it came. Following it, she happened to stop and see that it came from one of the nearby churches. 'Is he here???' She thought, going around to see many young people come out of the church as she hid away. Hiding in the bushes, she had crawled out once everyone had left. 'That was close.' Looking at the group of people leaving, she shook off the bush leaves that had fallen onto her fur.

"Kate..." Hearing a familiar voice, she turned her head to see that it was Noah standing there, holding his staff in hand while wearing his usual priestly white attire.

*Bark Bark*

Kate ran to him, jumping into him, and he tumbled back to hit the ground while she licked his face happily. [You aren't hurt!!!] Kate did not think it would work, but her mana fully healed him from the last time they were together.

"I see that you are also doing fine. You have also grown just a bit." Noah could see that Kate had a much bigger form now, which made her stand about half his size. Noah remained sitting on the ground while Kate also sat on the ground facing him this time. "You have been giving me mana throughout this time, haven't you?" Noah knew that it was Kate who had been giving him mana in order to survive and heal at that time. Kate nodded. She knew that it was bad for her, but she could not turn a blind eye to someone who was helping her at that time. "I see. Next time, be careful. I do not wish for you to disappear so soon in my life." Noah petted her head again, seeing that she was still the same fox he had met. "Come on. You arrived at lunchtime. There is a lot of food that you can choose from." Noah got up from the ground, letting Kate walk beside him as they headed off to find food for the day.