Chapter 20

[I was wrong.

...

...

...

...

...

Why is it that whenever I wish to have some peace that I am always interrupted? All I wanted to do was take some time and be alone, but now I have an important decision to make that will change everything. Let's go back to the beginning of my day, so you can understand what is happening.]

*****

After leaving the town and getting a beautiful flower I had continued on my trail for the mountain. I took a small stop at a nearby town and restocked on medical supplies for when I get hurt. I did random things as I walked towards my destination to keep my mind occupied. However, when I was close enough to the mountain I felt something was wrong with the place. As a precaution, I held my small dagger inside my sleeve as I jogged up the side of the mountain. Once I was inside I sensed the demons on the mountain and went to the closest one. On the way, I saw a multitude of people hanging from the trees with very thin strings attached to their bodies. Some were alive and gravely injured, while most of them were dead. I quickly cut all the threads holding them to the trees and sprinted towards the river where the demon was.

When I reached the river, I saw a demon with a spider head and a big human body pummeling Inosuke against a tree. I quickly jump over to their side and cut the head off and catch Inosuke before he falls to the ground.

"Fight me (mispronounced/name)!"

"No, you are injured. Stay here and wait for a little bit."

Before he can say anything to retort, I am already gone and headed towards the other demon's presence that I feel. In a small distance, I see a bright flash of red and pink light and I quicken my pace. When I am finally in striking distance, I see it was Tanjiro and Nezuko who made the attack. I see a male demon with white hair, and markings on his face send an attack of many threads towards Tanjiro. With a single slice, the threads were but and I was standing in front of Tanjiro and holding a bleeding Nezuko.

"(y-y/n)!"

"Such a trouble finder, aren't you Tanjiro?"

"Sorry."

I quickly place him against one of the trees along with his sister and hand him a tool of bandages.

"Place that around any big slashes that Nezuko or you have."

"Be careful (y/n), he is one of the 12 demons that we are looking for!"

"I already knew that."

"Cutting Thread Rotation!"

"Breath of Galaxies: Universal End"

As the massive attack of red threads comes our way the surroundings change to space. Where there were once trees and ground is now black littered with stars and galaxies. The attack that Tanjiro was so worried about had dispersed before it reached me and he was stunned.

"Aren't you that woman mas-"

Before he is able to finish his sentence his head slid off of his neck and I was sheathing my sword.

"You can come out now, I know you are there Giyuu."

He doesn't say anything as he jumps down from the tree that he had just recently landed on.

"You already know that I have to take you in so don't struggle this time."

"You know that is not going to happen."

He ignores me and steps on the demon's clothes as Tanjiro is reaching for his hand.

"You shouldn't feel pity towards demons."

"Stop stepping on him!"

Before he can say anymore I can sense that someone is coming our way and is ready to attack. I block the sword with my own along with Giyuu's.

"Ara~ what are you doing Tomioka-san? You know this is against corps rules. This is why people don't like you."

"I am not unliked by people."

"I like him, he is fun."

"Little boy, why are you protecting that demon?"

"She is my sister! She won't eat anyone!"

"Ara then I will give her a toxin that will kill her quickly."

"No!"

"Tanjiro, can you move?"

"Yea."

"Runaway from here."

As Giyuu is struggling to hold Shinobu off I quickly take Tanjiro's hand and drag him away from them while grabbing the box that Nezuko is in. As we are running through the woods, I sense someone coming our way and push Tanjiro out of their way. I block their foot with my arm and push them away.

[ I feel like I have seen this girl before, but where?]

She doesn't say anything as she tries to her past me and attack Nezuko. I block any of her attacks before they can get past me.

"Caw! Tanjiro and Nezuko are to be captured and brought back to the base! Caw!" ( I forgot what was said) " Tanjiro has a green and black checkered Haori and Nezuko has a pink kimono! Caw!"

He girl stopped fighting me and looked at Tanjiro who is on the ground passed out and Nezuko worried about her brother. Since the sun was starting to rise, I quickly ushered Nezuko back into the box as the Kakushi start making their way around the mountain. When they are close enough I start walking away in a random direction of the mountain when two figures appear before me.

"Ara~ we finally got you."

"Not now, though."

I took off running and they followed after me in hopes that they could finally capture me. All three of us disappearing and reappearing in different branches. I dodge their hands, and the occasional rope was thrown my way. In the distance, I see a large separation in the land and start running faster.

Breath of Galaxies: Merging galaxies
Breath of Stars: Virgo

I swing my sword one to get enough momentum before jumping off of the cliff. I swing downwards towards the ground and use the shockwave as an extra boost to get to the other edge.

"Sayonara, for now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for all of the reads! 😊