Chapter 50

We hit chapter 50. I honestly can't believe it took me this long to get to this. Dang, so much more to write. :)

Anger. Something that is very rarely expressed by me, and never shown on my face. I feel content knowing how to keep to myself, and having a grasp on my surroundings. I open my eyes and take a look around the room I am in. I carefully keep my breathing the same as before so that the demons can't tell that I woke up.

[The bleeding has stopped, because of bandages. Eww, but I wonder.]

I carefully look over to the left and behind my arm to see a pile of clothes leftover from a demon. I stifled a laugh the best I could noticing the other pair of clothes left on the ground as well. Luckily my haori and uniform aren't in tatters, but they have seen better days before.

[Those imbeciles, I can't believe that they would be so dumb.]

In the far corner of my room, I can see the handles of both of my swords behind a plant. Most likely badly hidden by a demon that was too lazy to take precautions. I slightly tug on the chains suspending my arms up and hear them clank against another metal object softly, but it moves. My feet were bound by a rope, and the flickering candlelight only let me see so much of the room. I grit my teeth as I quickly dislocate my thumb, and slide it out of the chains. I quickly shimmy over to my swords while trying to ignore the flaring pain from my broken bones. I hide one sword while I use the other to cut the rope around my feet.

After both of my feet are free, and I finally get a good look at my newly broken sword. It was a mixture of red and orange with had white dots decorating it like my other. [Thank you, and I am sorry for damaging your sword.] It takes me a little bit to finally stand up and walk over to where my chains are being wound up. They were a tangled mess lying around the ground, and in multiple points held down by nails. After ripping them out of the ground and wrapping my fingers with ripped-up pieces of cloth I massage my joints.

[I must have been asleep for 2-3 days, by how stiff I am. So many demons and rooms too. What is with these demons and their extravagance?] I find a pale of water laying on the ground that looks clean. No signs of blood, algae, or odor. [Whatever hasn't killed me, as a child probably can't kill me now.]

I chug down half of the pales' contents before setting it on the ground. I grab a small bag from one of the secret pouches in my haori and fill it up to the brim with water. As I continue to search around the room, I find a bowl with two oranges.

[They just keep getting dumber and dumber.] I close my eyes and sense the area around me again when I hear them move. [ Five minute intervals. They must have matches somewhere if they use candles.]

As I continue to search around the room, I keep one sword on hand, peel the oranges and store the fruit later. The peels have a different reason to be used for. I come across a few bones as I search the room, and not much more. I use the leftover water and rinse my hands before reaching my hand into the back of my throat. Outcomes two vials, one to drink and the other to douse my swords in. Once the five minutes is up, I gather the chains and quickly jump out of the room and start to run in a random direction with the least demons.

I quickly slice through the ones that I come across and leave the others that didn't see me alone. The building comes in many shapes and sizes. The staircases lead up but are double-sided. The ground below becomes above. On the way, I found a demon with matches. None the less I got what I needed before going inside a room and taking a break. Instead of a bare room like I thought it would be, I came face to face with a room full of outfits. More modern style than traditional.

[Shoes. Shoes. Shiny shoes. Shoe polish.]

I essentially trash the place in hopes that I could find a shoe polish. Clothes, pants, hats, and shoes were thrown across the room haphazardly. When I finally found it, I quickly fled the room in hopes to find a less personal one that a demon could walk into. By now they would have noticed that I was gone and would be searching. At least this time I have a plan.

[I'm coming after you upper moon 5, and after you, I am going after 4.]

***

When the news had gotten out about what had occurred at the red light district, the moral seemed to turn gloomy. The kakushi wouldn't get the acknowledgment from you. The random slayers going on missions wouldn't see you passing by giving them a smile and greeting. Zenitsu and Inosuke were unusually quiet, but they were training even harder along with Tanjiro. Everyone knew that it wouldn't be likely for you to get back alive. They have had things like this happen before, but you made an impact around the people that you only knew for a little while.

** The Ubuyashiki estate**

Since hearing the news, their daughters, and family were quite sad. Their daughters became quite attached after a small event, and from then on they would ask about you occasionally. They liked how warm your presence was, and the music that you would occasionally play for their family. Even if the family was sad, they kept on moving forwards and could only hope.

A certain cursed man sat in his bed basking in the moonlight along with his wife as their kids slept. The crows that delivered the news perched on the room asleep. All that was missing would be the occasional sound of music that would come from you.

"My child, I can only hope that you will stay alive. Do whatever you can to come back to the corps. Everyone is waiting for you to come back."He said to no one in particular. It was not like you could hear his wishes. You could not see the same sky. The only thing you could do is hope.