Chapter 21

After I had run away a small wound on my leg started to hurt.

[I guess I wasn't quick enough to fully cut them all.]

I quickly bandage it up before going around the mountain and watching the slayer corps take the Kamaboko group towards their headquarters.

[I can't believe that I am going to do this.]

I follow after them making sure that they don't notice me. I see that they split up and that a group took Tanjiro and another group took Nezuko's box with them. I follow after Nezuko to make sure that they don't kill her. I see that they meet up with the scarred hashira with white hair.

[I think his name was Nemi or something with an s.]

Even though I have met most of them a couple of times, I still don't know a few of their names. I watch as he separates from the group walk towards where they took Tanjiro earlier. When he passes through the gate, I see Tanjiro on the ground tied up and surrounded by the hashiras.

[I should probably get Nezuko before he stabs her.]

I pick up the nearest rock and throw it at Nemi's sword. The shock vibrates the sword and makes him drop it. I quickly grab Nezuko's box and stand a good distance away from the hashira.

"Hello again, sorry to interrupt but I don't want you to hurt them," I say in a calm voice.

"Tch, who the fuck are you to order us around?"

"I am not ordering you around. I am simply stating that I won't be leaving till they are safe, whether that goes through peaceful or other methods is up to you."

[I wonder what fuck mean? Maybe I should ask Taniro later.]

He reaches for Nezuko and I just swat his hand away.

"No touching."

He starts to chase me around the beautiful garden while trying to either grab or stab Nezuko's box. I just continue to swat his hand away and with the off chance of him using his sword, I use my fan to redirect it elsewhere. Apparently, what was happening amused one of the hashiras because I heard a very quiet and muffled giggle.

[That is most likely Mitsuri.]

"Argh! Come back here you bitch!"

"Huh?"

I stop running away from him and turn around. I look at him with dotted eyes and tilt my head to the side.

"What is a bi-tch?"

He looks at me dumbfounded and I stare back at him, waiting for him to answer.

"Argh! Just give me the demon!"

"No"

Mitsuri lets out a small sound and apologizes for it. Tanjiro goes in front of me and Nezuko's box with a protective stance.

"Are you alright Tanjiro?"

"No matter who you are, if you hurt my sister you have to answer to me!"

He stands up while grabbing his sword from the ground. " You little, I'll destroy you!"

As he puts his sword by Tanjiro's neck, I place my hand between, but before I can say anything two children say," The master has arrived."Everyone turns towards the house where the man with black neck-length hair and purple markings covering his face.

[So this is the man after me. I wonder why he has that curse?]

"My beloved children, thank you for coming today."

Both of the children help him walk towards us and everyone bows to him.

"Good morning to you all, the weather is quite nice today, perhaps with a blue sky. It pleases me that you have all made it to our semiannual Hashira Meeting."

[He has a very calming voice.]

I bow to show respect but Tanjiro seems to be in thought about the appearance of the master. Just as I am about to tell Tanjiro to bow Shinazugawa bashes his head downwards. Before he hurts his head more, I place my hand as a barrier for Tanjiro.

Shinazugawa says," I am pleased to see you are in good health Master. I reverently pray for your continued good fortune.

"Thank you Sanemi."

[So his name was Sanemi. It seems that he can be formal when needed.]

{Awe, I wanted to be the one to greet the master thought Mitsuri.]

"If I may master before we start would mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Tanjiro Kamado, traveling with a demon?

"Of course, I apologize for surprising you all. About Tanjiro and Nezuko, I have sanctioned their situation. I would also like it if you all were to accept it."

"Master, even if it is your request I cannot bring myself to do it," said Gyomei.

"I too am opposed to this. A demon slayer traveling with a demon is unacceptable!"

"For myself, I will do whatever it is you wish master!"

"I will forget anyway, so I am fine either way."

"I won't trust them. Absolutely not, I loathe demons."

"Although I respect you with all my heart, Master, I cannot abide by this! I am fully against it."

"The corps reason is to slay demons. I request that you punish Tomioka and Kamado."

The master asks the child for a letter, and they begin reading the shortened version.

"A letter from the former hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki. Please allow Tanjiro to be accompanied by his sister, a demon. Because of her resilient spiritual strength, Nezuko has retained her human reason. Even when starved, she refused to eat people, and that is true for two years later. Although the situation sounds outlandish, it is in fact reality. In the event that Nezuko does attack a human, Tanjiro Kamado, as well as Giyuu Tomioka, (y/n)(l/n), and myself, will atone committing seppuku."

I can feel wetness dripping down my hand. I look down and see Tanjiro crying. I use my other hand and carefully wipe away his tears while smiling at him.

[I wonder why he is crying, nothing sad has happened yet?]

"So what if they commit seppuku? If they want to die, then rot in hell for all I care! It doesn't guarantee our safety."

"Shinazugawa is right! If she eats a human, we cannot reverse time, and that person will be lost forever!"

"You do have a point... You can't guarantee that she won't attack humans, that said we cannot be certain that she will attack humans. So far we know that she hasn't starved for 2 years and that 4 people vouch for her. Though for us to reject this offer one would have to come up with an even more convincing argument. "

"There is another thing I would like to relay to you, my children.

Tanjiro has met Kibutsuji face to face along with(l/n). "