Chapter 16

I know that the time is not right here but it goes with the story

Sorry for not updating for a week, but I'm back now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanjiro POV

It has been about a week since I had seen (Y/n). I was walking as my crow yells at me,"SOUTH, SOUTHEAST" over and over again.

"Please be quiet. I already heard you the first time. "Suddenly I hear:

"Please marry me! I am going to die soon, and I want to be married."

"Please, Please, Please. Please marry me."

[What is going on?] I see someone from the final selection clinging to a girl asking her to marry him. A sparrow flies over to me. I walk over to the boy pleading with the girl to marry him after the sparrow tells me what he is doing. I pull him up by the back of his haori.

"What do you think you are doing in the middle of the road? Can't you see that she doesn't want to marry you? Also, stop making trouble for your sparrow."

He remembers me and asks how I can understand his sparrow. I drop him and walk over to the girl.

"Everything is taken care of, you can head home now."

"Thank you very much! She bows to me."

"Hey! She was going to marry me! Stop getting in my way! She is in lov-. He stopped talking as he got slapped harshly by the girl. She repeatedly slaps him many times."

"H-Hey calm down! I grab the girl to keep her from hurting him."

"When did I ever say that I loved you? I just saw you crumpled up on the ground looking dead. All I did was speak to you!"

"You mean you didn't talk to me out of love because you were worried?"

"I already have a fiancee so no way in hell!"

The girl leaves, and the boy is sitting on the ground reaching out to her. As I give him a weird look, I hear the faint sound of music. As he is yelling at me, I am turning my head looking around from where the music is coming from.

"Hey! Why aren't you listening to me?! Who are you looking for?"

In the distance, I see a figure that seems very similar to (y/n)'s wearing a mask. I sniff the air to see if she has the same smell. When I smell the same mysterious scent I run-up to her.

"(y/n)!" I engulf her in a hug, and she hugs me back."

"Hello Tanjiro, it seems that we met sooner than I thought we would."

"What do you mean by that? Were you trying to avoid me?!"

"Maybe, at least for a few more weeks."

"Mean!"

"You aren't even healed yet. Why are you going on a mission when you are very hurt?"

"I will be fine. I have someone else with me."

"You don't sound very convincing. If your partner is that shriveling person in yellow you are not getting help at all."

'He has to have talent if he was able to pass the final selection."

"I was able to live on that mountain as a child for a year. It is not very hard to get out of there unless you are trying to die."

"Whaa! Why would you do that?!"

"I didn't know, it was just a cool place so I decided to live there. I always wondered why I could hear people dying every once and a while."

"That is not someone you should be so neutral about (y/n)."

"Well, I am always neutral. If you are on a mission, it would be better to get there to slay the demon."

"Oh, right! Will you stay with me till after this mission?"

"Sure, I don't want you dying yet."

We walk back to the yellow person. We introduce ourselves and head on the way to the mission.

*growl*

"Do you by chance have food?"

"Yea." Tnajiro takes out an onigiri and hands it to Zenitsu. Here.

"B-But you won't have any." He splits the onigiri and hands half to Tanjiro.

Thanks. (y/n) do you want any?

No, I have my own food. I get some candies out of nowhere and start to eat them. I give a few to Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

"Caw! Hurry up! Hurry up! Caw!"

We start to run into the forest and towards where Tnajiro smells blood. When we get there, we see two kids in a bush looking at the house. I go over and get the kid's attention along with Tanjiro. As he shows them the sparrow, I give them candy.

Do you guys hear that noise?

"Why are you here?"

"O-Our brother was taken by the monster in the house. We were just walking home, and he was taken."

As they were explaining what happened the house moved and a body came flying out. I left Tanjiro and the kids and rushed towards the body. I was able to catch him at the last minute but by his looks, he wasn't going to be able to make it.

"I-I was able to make it out, but it was pointless. E-either way I died.

"Hold on, If you stop struggling I might be able to save you."

"N-No, I want to die, don't make me suffer anymore."

"Ok, I wish you well in the afterlife."

"Thank you. I hold his hand as he passes away."

After he died Tanjiro said that he was going to fight the demon. Zenitsu was crying about he was going to die because Tanjiro was still injured. I went and followed Tanjiro inside, but as we were walking in the two kids came in afterward.

"You weren't supposed to come in."

"But the box was making noises and was scary."

The door closes, and Zenitsu bumps into me and the girl. The girl grabs my hand as she falls and I walk towards her. After we enter the room, the door closes and we are in a new room.

"Oh, no, what have I done?