Chapter 29

The photo from above comes from miss-spechless.blogspot.com

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I look up and see Mitsuri behind me while holding her hair close to her red face.

"Ah, Obanai, Kaburamaru is over here (y/n) -chan has him!"

"Hello, Mitsuri-san, Obanai-san."

"Hello (l/n)."

"I said that you can call me (y/n), and here is Kaburamaru."

I let him slither from my neck and onto my arm and then place him on Obanai's shoulder. He quickly slithers off and back onto his neck.

"Anyways, Obanai and I were going to eat at a restaurant, would you like to join us?"

"I wouldn't want to impose."

"It is no problem. We just met in this town after coming from a mission."

"Besides, we can get to know you better now that you aren't running away from us every time you see us!"

"Alright then."

We walked to a nearby restaurant and sat down at a table. The waiter gave us our water as we looked at the menu. I take the straw and place my finger over the top as I take it out of the cup. I let pinky; the name that I came up for them on the go slither towards the straw and drink some water.

"Awe, Obanai look! (y/n)-chan is just like you now! What are you going to name them?"

I look at Mitsuri who is gushing over how cute Pinkey is. " I am not sure yet, I just found them outside when I also met Kaburamaru. Do you have any ideas? They are almost the same color as your hair?"

"What about (s/n) (snake name)," Obanai says.

"That name makes them seem even cuter!"

(s/n) looks over at Obanai and then me and nods. I smile slightly and rub the top of their head. They hiss softly as they rub my finger back.

"They seem to like the name, thank you for the suggestion Obanai."

His ears turned pink and turned away from the both of us. I look over at Mitsuri with a confused head tilt. She just giggles and then goes back to patting (s/n)'s head seemingly already having made friends with them. When the food comes Mitsuri and I dig into the enormous amount of food that we both ordered after giving our thanks. I look over and see Obani not eating.

"Are you not going to eat Obanai?"

"Awe, he is just a little shy of eating around new people."

"You don't have to worry about anything, feel free to get comfortable whenever you like, but please make sure to eat something."

I give him a small smile before going back to eating my food. A few minutes later I feel him poke my shoulder as Mitsuri went to the bathroom.

"Hn."

"My face is quite grotesque, so I am telling you if you lose your appetite, I told you so."

He slowly takes the bandages off of his face before looking at me again. His mouth closed and showing the line going from his mouth to his ears. His heterochromia eyes staring into my one (e/c) eye that is showing. I raise my hand and light place it onto his head.

"You are beautiful inside and out, I do not know of where this grotesque person you talk of is, I only see Obanai-san and his handsome face."

[badump... badump....badump! What is this feeling, I thought it was only for Mitsuri, now (y/n) too?]

I go back to eating as Obanai just sits there staring in my direction but off into space. I finish my bowl of ramen and tempura. I take the katsudon bowl next and pick up a piece.

I turn to Obanai again holding out my hand that is holding the chopsticks and food while the other is cupped underneath it.

"You should eat before your food gets cold. We wouldn't want that, right? Tell me what you think of this."

He slowly takes the food from my chopsticks and eats it. I lightly set my chopsticks down and take a sip of water as I wait for his answer. He seems to be in thought about something.

[He looks a bit worried, I wonder if he is just stressed?]

"It tastes good, I have no need for such nice comments. I know that I am unsightly."

"No you aren't, you are only ugly if you think you are ugly. That is why people fall in love, they find a person they believe to be beautiful to them. No one has the same type of beauty as another."

I give him a small smile and quickly finish the rest of the bowl and grab the next dish. Mitsuri comes back from the bathroom, and we start talking about the food. Well mostly Mitsuri, but I give a small comment about each food. We didn't notice the blushing Obanai sitting next to me eating his food while watching us, or the other people sitting by and the restaurant staff gaping at the amount of food that we both were practically inhaling.

Eventually, we were finished eating and paid for the bill. We split it up based on what we ate since we didn't want to empty the other's pockets.

"Heh, it was nice to talk and get to know more about you (y/n)! Your traveling stories are so cool, and I really like your hair!"

"I like yours too. It is a nice gradient and I think it fits you well."

As we walk outside of the restaurant a strong breeze blows past us. It was a little bit chilly since it was late at night. Obanai had to go on another mission, so we parted ways after saying goodbye. As Mitsuri and I were walking back to the area where the estates are, she ends up shivering.

"Do you want my haori, it is quite cold?"

"Ah, no then you would be cold!"

"It takes a while for me to get cold or hot with normal temperature changes."

I quickly take off my haori and place it on Mitsuri's shoulders."Either way, you are showing more skin than me, we wouldn't want you to get sick."

"Thank you (y/n) -chan, but what happened to your uniform?!"

"Hm?"

I look down and remember that I don't have any sleeves and there are a few scratches along my top.

"Oh, the demon I fought had razor cards, and the other was illusions. Anyways the butterfly estate is over there, goodnight Mitsuri."

"Ah, wait! It is already late so why don't you stay over at my place? I can also give you one of my extra uniforms and also your haori."

"Sure, thank you."