Chapter 22

After the master had told them that we have met with Kibutsuji, the hashira found it surprising and quickly started to ask questions about him.

"What did he look like, what are his powers?! Where did you see him?"

"Did you fight? said a monotone voice.

"What was Kibutsuji doing? Did you find his stronghold? Answer me!," Shinazugawa said while shaking Tanjiro's head around.

The master signaled them to be quiet and they all settled down. Since Mitsuri accidentally got knocked over by Uzui, I helped her get back up and wiped any extra dirt off of her face. She smiled at me and gave a quiet thanks while her face turned red.

[I wonder if she is getting a fever.]

"Kibutsuji has also sent pursuers after Tanjiro and (l/n). His goal is to simply silence him. I wish to use this opportunity. I also believe that something is happening to Nezuko that Kibutsuji never saw coming. Do you agree with me now?"

"I am afraid that I cannot master. If it was human, there would be no doubt about it, but after all that we, the Demon Slayers, have gone through in battle! Not after losing so many lives just to house a demon! It is unacceptable!"

Shinazugawa takes out his blade and slices his arm. We are all taken by surprise by his actions.

[What is he doing? What is he doing, not all over the garden? thought Mitsuri]

"Let me show you the depravity of a demon!"

He stands up and lets the blood drip onto Nezuko's box.

"Come on out demon, it is feeding time!"

[I think that he forgot that demons and sunlight don't mix well.]

"No need to hold back, just show us your true colors. Then I can destroy you!"

"Get away from her!"

"Shinazugawa it is the daytime, it's no good doing it in the sunlight, "Obanai says.

"Master, please forgive the discourtesy I am about to commit."

Shinazugawa jumps into the master's platform with Nezuko in hand. He stabs through the box with his sword.

"Stop it!"

As Tanjiro struggles to stand up Obanai holds Tanjiro down with a dangerous technique. I restrain myself from acting out of hand since Gyomei is on the defensive next to me.

[I must believe in Nezuko and her will.]

We watch as Shinazugawa breaks the box and Nezuko steps out of the box. Shinobu tells Tanjiro about the outcome if he struggles more in Obanai's grip. I can see Nezuko holding herself back and that she is severely hurt.

[Come on Nezuko, humans are family.]

Tanjiro is able to get out of Obanai's hold with Giyuu's help and runs up to the platform that they are on while breaking the ropes around his arms. Finally, Nezuko was able to resist and snapped her head to the side showing everyone that she would not attack a human.

"Tanjiro, I am sure that even after this there will be some that cannot accept Nezuko. You must prove to them you and Nezuko can help our cause as fighting as Demon Slayers."

Tanjiro bows down with his own volition this time.

"Go out and defeat a twelve Kizuki. Do that and you will be accepted by all. Your words will carry more weight as a result."

"Nezuko and I will defeat Kibutsuji!"

"That is a bit ambitious for you, Tanjiro. Just stick to defeating a Kizuki first."

Tanjiro turns red from embarrassment before saying, "yes sir." I can hear Mitsuri trying to hide her giggle as well as a few other hashiras.

[Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh.]

[Keep it together Mitsuri, you can't laugh.]

"Sanemi, Obanai, Don't torment the younger ones too much."

Nezuko is back in her box and has little huff noises being made.

"We have concluded our business with you Tanjiro, you may step back."

"If that is the case, please allow Kamado to stay at my mansion." Shinobu claps her hands twice and some Kakushi comes and takes them back to her house.

"Now let us continue with our annual hashira meeti-

"Hold on just a second!"

"Come back here!"

Tanjiro comes running back around the corner with the Kakushi running after him.

"Please allow me to headbutt that man covered in scars! I need to do it."

"Shut up! Keep your mouth shut!," says the Kakushi as they hit Tanjiro's back.

"One headbutt for every time he stabbed Nezuko! Headbutting wouldn't be a violation of the Corps rules."

As he is struggling to stand up Muichiro sends three stones towards Tanjiro's head, and that makes him fall to the ground.

"Interrupting the Master is quite rude."

The two Kakushi profusely apologize to them before leaving.

"Tanjiro, give Tamayo my regards."

[He knows Tamayo? I guess it is my time to leave.]

As Tanjiro leaves I quietly stand up and grab my box from the ground. I quietly walk to where Tanjiro left before anyone could notice, but the master did.

"(l/n)."

"hn."

"Where do you think you are going?"

"I wasn't invited, so I thought it best to leave quietly before making an even bigger fuss."

I turn back to the exit and start to run. Sadly there was a looming shadow over me, and I already know what was going to happen. Before I was able to get away from Gyomei he had already grabbed me and carried me back to where I was previously was sitting.

"It seems that we have caught you as you stated in your terms."

"It seems that you have caught me and I will honor my word."

"Alright then, I would like to ask you along with my children if you would become a hashira."

"Eh. No thank you," I said with a close-eyed smile and waving my hand from side to side.