Chapter 62

Due to extenuated medical mishaps, this story will be going on one update for the next month or so. If they seem slightly shorter than normal sorry, there is to many things happening for me to be able to get over my sickness. (not covid lol)

I flip through the pages of the book the old storyteller gave me. I mark a few things before changing to the book I took from their library. Again I marked a few things before sifting through the various books I have taken from different places.

[It seems word travels by person rather than by literature.]

The room had a peaceful ambiance in contrast to the loud masses outside, who are dampened by the walls. I take a short break to rest my eyes and take out what is left of my sword.

[Please forgive me for what I am about to do Haganezuka-san.]

I take one of the two knives lying around the room and stab it into the other side of the hilt. Since I had requested the hilt to be hollow to hide things within, it was easy to break and open. I carefully take the poison mechanic out of the sword and carefully take some measurements. Once I have the necessary arrangements, I place it back inside and safely secure the opening. As I wait for Hibiki to come crashing through the door, I check on my bandages, and braces/casts. I restring the thin rope connected to the wooden harness, and I check for any signs of mold or decay. I carefully place the books in a stack and hide them underneath a wobbly floorboard.

"(y/nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)!"

*crash *

"One day you will break that door and have to pay for reimbursements."

"Haha, no I won't! Anyways, do you wanna come to see the flower gardens with my siblings?"

"You wish for me to intrude upon your sibling gathering?"

"Yes. No! Not like that! We are inviting you, you aren't intruding!" He says while stomping his foot childishly while pouting.

"Did you ask them before barging in here and breaking in?"

"...no."

"Then it is to be considered an intrusion."

"Well, whatever! I want you to meet them, I am sure they would love you!"

After a few more antagonizing minutes of me trying to just lay on the ground and try to answer unanswerable philosophical questions, I am forced to deal with two more kids.

[All I want is some quiet time to think about what happens after death while I laze around and my joints don't hurt] I quietly sulk inside my head as I stand up.

Hibiki grabs my arm and drags the both of us out the door and into the bustling streets, but not forgetting to close the door.

*slam *

"Stop slamming my doors bratttt!"

We both dodge the incoming (chancla) shoe coming our way. It isn't long before we can see the flower gardens. True to what I have heard, they're bountiful and luscious flowers growing here. In the distance, I can see the younger brother and sister that Hibiki, but there was also an older male. Not the father, but certainly a grown-up, most likely 21-24.

"Ne, Hibiki." He stops walking and turns to me with a confused face." You have previously stated that your siblings are one sister and one brother, both younger than you. Who is the other male that is clearly too young to be your father, but older than me?"

"Ohh, that's my anaki! I didn't know when we would be coming home. I'm so happy to see him again!"

He goes and runs towards the newly introduced person leaving me behind and standing there watching. [I just want to go back home, but you people just-]

"(y/n)! Come over here! Come meet my siblings!"

I sigh exasperatedly as I quickly walk over as to not seem reluctant and ruin the mood. The younger brother and sister seem to be around the same age, most likely 7-8 years old. They smile brightly and run around their two older siblings.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is Akira" (If you wish to change it, be my guest. The name will have no real importance to the story.) I look up at the male much taller than me. Most likely standing around 6'3.

(insert picture.)

(Please comment if you know the artist

(Please comment if you know the artist. I got it off of interest. I don't know if the website in the corner is towards the artist or not.)

"It is very nice to meet you as well. I am (y/n) (l/n), how do you do?"

"I am doing wonderfully, how about you?"

[In pain, tired, murderous, and socially awkward. Pick one]

"I am doing well, sorry to intrude on your sibling gathering."

Hibiki lets out an undignified squawk,"Hey, I already told you. I invited you."

"Without other's knowledge or content." I snap back.

He runs over to me and starts lightly hitting me like the child that he is. I push him back by the top of his head and watch as his arms flail around haphazardly. My eye would twitch when he would occasionally twitch whenever he accidentally hit an injury I finally let him go and let him fall behind me, before grabbing the back of his collar and standing him up again.

"Oh, are you hurt (l/n)-san? I knew Hibiki wasn't telling me something from his exploration of the woods." Says Akira

"I am fine, nothing more than a few injuries which will heal with time." I look down from Akira to Hibiki who is trying to show his brother my brace. "Break my brace, I break your neck Hibiki~" I say in a jokingly manner.

"Please, you call having a brace for a broken limb a small injury?" Akira turns from me towards his brother. " And you! You don't make people go walking around with broken limbs!" He lightly slaps the back of Hibiki's head and shoves it down, as they both bow towards me.

"Please don't bow, it is nothing. I am fine for now."

[Stop doing such stupid things. People are starting to stare. Great, now they think that I am weird.]