Chapter 45

I just read the small 71.5 chapter, and I loved that it shows how Inosuke learned how to talk.

After Uzui's long explanation about how he was a god and that we are lower than him, Tanjiro asks what he is the god of.

"I am the god who rules over flamboyance. I am the god of festivities."Uzui says while striking another pose.

"I am the king of the mountain, nice to meet you, god, of festivities," Inosuke says with his hands on his hips.

"What are you talking about? You're just disgusting." Inosuke's form deflated after the insult, before coming back to his senses and got angry.

"Uzui-san, no one is trash or disgusting. Trash is an inanimate object and can also be repurposed. All of us are still living and have our uses. "

"Anyways the Wisteria house is one the way to the flower district. We will get ready there. Now, follow me you unflamboyant fools, besides you my wife!"

My shoulders drop in defeat as I pinch the bridge of my nose. [I won't ever get him to stop calling me that, will I?]

"(y/n)-chan isn't your wife," Zenitsu shouted, much to my demise!

[I wish I just stayed with Shino-chan and played with her goldfish. Maybe I could have even visited Reng- Gyomei in the mountains.]

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu run after Uzui-san. [Are we having a race?] I have a small debate with myself before deciding to catch up with Uzui-san and ask him about the mission.

On the way, Uzui-san had told me the details of what had happened and I already knew what I would do. Once we arrived at the wisteria house, he asked for the things that he needed and we waited for the rest of our group to come running through the door. The family graciously let me borrow one of their instruments, but I would have to restore it since it was old. The task kept me busy as Uzui explained what they were going to do.

"Cut the crap. Why do you have three wives, and yet you still call (y/n)-chan your wife you bastard?!!"

Zenitsu was making so many complaints I didn't even try and stop Uzui-san from punching him, and I just wasn't paying attention when he assaulted Inosuke. Luckily I still had some strings that I found in a random pocket, and I was able to place strings in and fix a few other things.

"My wife, come meet the newly made girls!"

I turn towards the voice confused and burst out in a fit of giggles when I see the three boys. "Hahaha, you three look ridiculous Let me do a little touchup on the make-up and hair." I quickly took them back to the dressing room and completely cleaned off their faces.

[He didn't even try at all.] I sigh in disappointment.

Inosuke already has a good complexion, so I just do some light makeup. I mess with Tanjiro's hair and add some makeup to make his face have a softer look. Zenitsu...he was a rather large problem. His pores were clogged, face dirty, so dry it flakes off with a little bit of wind. I slapped a lot more makeup on than what I could consider substantial and left him like that. In conclusion, it looked a lot better than what they looked like before, but it was not so amazing that it would gather unwanted attention.

"Inosuke-kun, please keep your tongue inside your mouth."

He sucks it back, but when I turn around I see it hanging out again. I leave him be since he was complacent throughout the whole process. Uzui-san explained that he was going to sell them, so they could act as spies to find his wife's whereabouts. We parted ways when leaving the wisteria house. They left to go get sold off and I went to find an old employer. The buildings were lavishly decorated, and the streets were slightly crowded.

Since Uzui-san and I had a little bit of time to talk to each other, he pointed out that I would have to hide my swords. I thought of placing them out of sight before but was unsure how to go about doing it. When I saw the way Uzui's were and placed them on my back. The handles would slightly poke out of the collar, so I fixed my hair in a half-up, half-down style so that they would stay hidden.

The moon was already rising when I saw (c/n) flying towards me. Confused as to why she was here I stuck my arm out for her to land on. As requested as to not seem suspicious she stayed quiet and stuck her leg out. I saw that there was a letter attached and I took it off. She flew away afterward. I placed it in my pocket for safekeeping deciding that reading it in private would be best.

***

Once everything was completed and I was in my room I lit a candle and took out the letter. The letter was addressed by many people:

Dear (y/n)-chan,

I heard that you went on Uzui-san's mission, please be safe if there is a demon moon. I wish you were here so that we could eat sakura mochis again. Iguro-san was even wondering where you were. I am happy that we have gotten to know you and become a part of our lives. I will have sakura mochi ready for your return!

-Mitsuri

I forgot what I was going to write... oh.. be safe and come back soon. You said that you would do origami with me.

-Muichiro

Ara~Ara~ (y/n)-chan, you seem to be going everywhere. Thank you for keeping the girls safe, and not letting Uzui endanger them. I know that you wanted to see my goldfish, but I guess it would have to wait until your return. Be quick and efficient as always, but be safe as well.

-Shinobu

Hurry up and finish that old pervert's mission for him. We still need to have our rematch.

-Sanemi

I read a few more entries from others and cracked a smile. It was like I could hear their voices right beside me. I could even imagine what they would look like while saying that. I reached over and grabbed the candle placing it in front of me. With one last look at the letter, I lowered it and let it crumble into ash. The paper quickly heating up and the flames completely consuming it. Once it was fully destroyed for privacy and safety purposes the wind picked up and took the ash with it. I watched as it flew through the open window and towards the open sky. I was hoping to see the sun rising, but it seems that it was a bit too early for that.

***

If only I knew, if only we knew what was to come. Maybe it could have been prevented and that night not have ended in red. If we had known maybe I would have spent more time with them. What a tragedy it was.

[Oh, how I miss you all. It's been quite some time hasn't it?] I think looking at the window hoping to see the sky, but having my hopes crushed and seeing nothing but black.