𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
you want to steal from my dad?
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

For the first time in a while, I wake up in my own bed and sun streams through the window making my room glow with a golden hue. I drag myself out of bed and make use of our backup generator, taking a hot shower.

After wrapping a towel around myself, I look in the mirror and grimace at the nasty looking bruise on my jaw, courtesy of Topper fucking Thornton. I head back into my room and jump a little when I find Kiara laying on my bed, flicking through a magazine.

"Morning, lovie" The Carrera girl chirps without looking up.

"Morning, pookie" I reply, making a move to shut the door but a hand shoots out stopping it.

"The door stays open" My dad declares.

"I'm getting dressed" I retort and he frowns, glancing over at Kiara who is ignoring the man.

"No funny business" He warns me.

"Cool" I reply.

"What happened to your face?" He then asks, looking at my bruise.

"Topper punched me" I answer simply, knowing he won't believe me anyways.

"Sarah's Topper? No. He wouldn't do that" My dad chuckles before his expression darkens "Which one of those so called friends of yours hit you? Was it Luke's boy? I'll make sure Luke straightens him out"

"No! It wasn't JJ. He wouldn't hit a girl" I snap, not wanting the Maybank boy to get in trouble because of me.

"Then was it the Routledge boy? Heyward's kid?" My dad grills me.

"It was just a surf accident" I lie, knowing its the only thing he'll accept "I wiped out and hit it on my board"

"Why didn't you just say that? There's no need to accuse a perfectly nice boy of something so horrible" He scolds me and I sigh, nodding along.

"Sorry, Dad" I say in a monotone voice before slamming the door shut and locking it.

"I don't know what that man's problem is" Kiara hums, still not looking up from the magazine.

"He hates the idea I might be happy with someone around, so he tries to make them feel so uncomfortable and unwanted that they'll just leave" I explain, changing into a red bikini with white polka dots on it.

"What an asshole" She scoffs, shaking hear head.

"Tell me about it" I laugh shortly, slipping on a pair of black denim shorts and a light grey crop top that has thin cord like straps.

I pull my hair into two dutch braids and tie a red bandana around my head before pulling on my red chucks. I swipe on some red lipstick and a little waterproof mascara.

"Ready to go?" Kiara asks, hopping off the bed.

"Uhuh" I nod, unlocking the door.