𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
take a hike, buddy
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

After checking up on Pope's dad who was jumped by Carla Limbrey's guard dog Renfield and him giving us the idea of getting information from the Heyward's 'MeeMaw', we're sat in the Twinkie on our way to the old folks home that she is currently staying in.

"Guys, the thing that Limbrey said, I don't think she meant to let it slip" Pope announces "She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo"

"Wait, can I see that?" JJ asks and Pope hands him the key.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Sarah questions.

"It's a key, duh" I reply sarcastically and my sister shoots me a glare.

"I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artefact of great importance" Pope explains, ignoring my comment.

"Well, according to the interwebs, it was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king" Kiara read from her phone.

"New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" JJ asks in confusion.

"You are so lucky that you're hot" I hum and he merely grins at the backhanded compliment that he doesn't seem to understand the backhanded part of.

"Shit, talk about over gifting. Look at that thing" Kiara says in amusement, showing us the drawing off the cross on Wikipedia "Looks like a person standing next to it"

"Holy shit, that thing is huge" I mutter out in awe.

"That's what she said" JJ smirks widely and I snort with laughter, pushing him playfully.

"Very mature, guys" Pope huffs in annoyance.

"So it's a giant ass cross?" JJ asks simply.

"It was widely considered at the time to be the most extravagant tribute ever from the provinces" Kiara reads again "It was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829"

"Did you just say Bermuda?" JJ perks up.

"Oh, no. Not the triangle" John B states.

"If I have to hear about this damn triangle one more time I'll commit murder" I groan in irritation.

"It always leads back to the triangle, dude" JJ argues "Like, every single time something's weird, it's Bermuda"

"Okay. What does a key you found above your mee maw's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" Kiara questions.

"Yeah" Sarah agrees.

"Where do we come in?" Kiara adds.

"I don't know. That's a good question" Pope sighs.

We arrive at the Shady Acres old folks home and I climb out of the van behind JJ and Kiara.

"Hey, actually, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself" Pope declares.